Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2016, 11:03 AM

1,727 posts, read 1,989,738 times

Advertisements

I have the opportunity to audit (non-working) an Anne Braue seminar (for puppies) later this year. I have heard how different top agility trainers have different approaches. Is there someone with agility experience who can explain in short how Anne's approach differs vs other top trainers, e.g. Greg Derritt's, Susan Garrett's, et al?
I don't think I can go wrong with this seminar but am just curious because from my very rudimentary knowledge of agility I don't see the differences.
I am trying to get in gear for puppy coming up in 2017-8
Any thoughts?
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2016, 07:56 PM

1,961 posts, read 2,254,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twelvepaw View Post
I have the opportunity to audit (non-working) an Anne Braue seminar (for puppies) later this year. I have heard how different top agility trainers have different approaches. Is there someone with agility experience who can explain in short how Anne's approach differs vs other top trainers, e.g. Greg Derritt's, Susan Garrett's, et al?
I don't think I can go wrong with this seminar but am just curious because from my very rudimentary knowledge of agility I don't see the differences.
I am trying to get in gear for puppy coming up in 2017-8
Any thoughts?
Thanks!
I adore Ann Braue! I have had a working spot in her puppy seminar...fabulous experience! came home loaded with useful stuff to do that gave my dog an awesome foundation...and have audited some of her other seminars. My agility club also brought her in to give us an instructor seminar.

I have a close friend...a top notch instructor herself...who consistently wins her very competitive classes with her BCs and who used to take regular privates with Ann. Now she catches Ann when she can...Ann moved to FL but she does come back to WI.

Ann has the unique ability to help any type of dog, not just the fast, drivey dogs. Her approach is a mix of Susan Garrett and Linda Mecklenburg. She teaches obstacles ala Garrett and handling ala Mecklenburg. With some twists of her own. Ann is a retired teacher so not only does she have excellent dog training/handling skills but she actually knows how to teach people. She is hands down one of my very favorite seminar presenters. Plus she is a real sweetheart.

I would audit that puppy seminar and try to get a working spot in her puppy seminar once you get your new baby. I am guessing you'll be hooked after you audit her.

Old 04-17-2016, 06:11 PM

1,727 posts, read 1,989,738 times
Thank you, I appreciate the info! I am really looking forward to it. We will see where it goes; at the very least it will be great fun for me and puppy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs