Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2016, 09:38 AM

6,591 posts, read 24,851,089 times

Advertisements

there ya go op, theres plenty of people on this forum alone whod take that dog off your hands, you just post a location and im sure the closets one of us to you that can will at least foster him until we can get him in a better situation....

you are the problem...
NOT the dog.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2016, 09:56 AM

1,024 posts, read 1,276,853 times
This must be some kind of a bad joke? Maybe a troll?

Do your research before owning a dog, a cat, anything that breathes. I'm not even going to waste my time offering any tips on dog care until you do your own homework and figure out what type of pet fits your lazy lifestyle, maybe something that only needs food, like plants.

And the whole "I used to own 20 dogs" line is complete bs. I too had that many dogs and they were well behaved because they were attended to, physically and mentally, not left in the yard to rot.

Old 01-29-2016, 01:03 PM

3,782 posts, read 4,244,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by acercode View Post
When I say they don't accept returns I meant they don't do refunds. Of course they will always do owner surrenders but like I said I am worried he will be adopted out again instead of being put down.
Put down cause you can't handle him? I hope your next pet is a Boa or a Python.

Old 01-29-2016, 02:21 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,152,432 times
Quote:
We've had about 20 dogs over the years and not one needed training. They were all well behaved and not crazy like this dog. This dog is on my last nerve. I am ready to take him to the mtns and leave him there.
What I'm hearing is you don't really know how to deal with dogs, and didn't do any research on Golden Retrievers.

Either contact a local rescue or get the dog started on crate training as others have wisely suggested.

Old 01-29-2016, 04:12 PM

12,823 posts, read 24,390,321 times
Quote:
When I say they don't accept returns I meant they don't do refunds. Of course they will always do owner surrenders but like I said I am worried he will be adopted out again instead of being put down.
Exhibit A why I believe that licensing of owners is needed.

There needs to be a certain level of training and a demonstration of competence to be a good owner.

Old 01-29-2016, 04:13 PM

Quote:
We've had about 20 dogs over the years and not one needed training. They were all well behaved and not crazy like this dog. This dog is on my last nerve. I am ready to take him to the mtns and leave him there.
I feel sorry for them.

Some people are not qualified to own a pet.

Old 01-29-2016, 04:13 PM

14,458 posts, read 12,081,453 times
OP - you don't understand dogs. Plenty of other people can.

Give this dog to someone who will work with it.

Old 01-29-2016, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twelvepaw View Post
So, let me get this straight.

You adopted a high energy 2 year old dog, have not trained it, keep it outside, no exercise, and then are surprised that it isn't well-behaved? And on top of it you seem to be saying that your alternatives are to euthanize or abandon the dog?

Take the dog back to the shelter. It isn't the dog's fault that its owners have failed to step up and do right by it. There isn't anything here that can't be resolved by a thoughtful loving owner, so yes, take the dog back to the shelter and give it a chance to be adopted into that loving home.
Abandon this owner in the mountains!

Old 01-29-2016, 07:32 PM

811 posts, read 1,555,986 times
The OP hasn't been back for some time now. Lost cause probably and the poor dog isn't going to fare well. It is so frustrating when there is all this help offered and they don't want to know. They don't want to take the time.

Old 01-29-2016, 09:31 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,416,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda_d View Post
OP, this is a Golden Retriever? Search for golden retriever rescue groups in your area on the net to see if you can rehome him. Goldens are very popular, and most of their rescues have more potential adopters than dogs. A breed rescue will take him in, evaluate him, and put him in a foster home where he'll learn good behavior before he's put up for adoption.

This is the best solution. Golden Retrievers were bred to work with their mouths and young ones will chew a lot. A Golden Retriever Rescue group will take him, foster him, teach him some manners and find a good home for him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs