Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2016, 03:17 AM

919 posts, read 844,216 times

Advertisements

Chinese factory worker cooks and eats employer’s ‘wild’ corgi
Thinking it was a wild dog, Zhang beat it to death with a wooden stick, then took the dog's body to his staff quarters that night. He and his two roommates shaved and skinned the dog, then cooked and ate it the next day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2016, 04:34 AM

13,495 posts, read 18,278,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanagisawa View Post
Chinese factory worker cooks and eats employer’s ‘wild’ corgi
Thinking it was a wild dog, Zhang beat it to death with a wooden stick, then took the dog's body to his staff quarters that night. He and his two roommates shaved and skinned the dog, then cooked and ate it the next day.
The dog was in a public toilet, there is nothing said in the story that it went in when it's owner or a family member went in to use the toilet. Keep your pet dog from wandering if you care so much about it.

It wouldn't any less dead if it had been hit by a car instead of eaten.

Old 02-27-2016, 09:11 AM

32,780 posts, read 48,555,685 times
You mean the ex-factory worker.

Old 02-27-2016, 09:21 AM

13,753 posts, read 13,425,150 times
Saint Bernards are raised for food in China. They skin animals (dogs and cats) alive to use their pelts for decoration. They are not the only culture to eat dogs but I'm disgusted by it.

(glad he's an EX factory worker)

Old 02-27-2016, 09:47 AM

3,781 posts, read 4,285,630 times
As much as I'm disgusted by it, it is their culture and not just in China. Go to rural areas of Cambodia, Thailand, Laos just to name three and see what they eat. Always remember to ask if it was Hma, Satv Chhke, Ma, etc., before ordering.

Old 02-27-2016, 10:13 AM

36,753 posts, read 14,915,722 times
And it says a lot about "their culture" that they eat domestic animals.

It's disgusting.

Old 02-27-2016, 10:25 AM

13,942 posts, read 39,470,645 times
In some places they eat Horses & Bugs!

I believe this Worker Knew the Corgi was his bosses.

Old 02-27-2016, 11:57 AM

1,179 posts, read 8,723,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post

It's disgusting.
Then you could say the same about American culture where it's acceptable to eat domestic animals.

Old 02-27-2016, 04:37 PM

16,824 posts, read 17,816,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post

It's disgusting.
In India the say the same thing about the domesticated animals we eat. Like cows.

Old 02-27-2016, 05:41 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,571,170 times
It's all gross but aren't we being rather hypocritical if we complain about other cultures eating dogs and cats if we eat cows, chickens and pigs? I live in a small SW Kansas town that has two large beef slaughterhouses. I have been told that the method for killing the cows is "humane." They shoot a spike of some kind into their brains that "stuns" them. Then they shoot them in the head with a shotgun. Then they systematically start carving them up.

The chickens and the pigs both get attached to this moving slaughtering equipment and get drug across a spinning blade that slits their throats.

What I really don't like is what one can find on videos that shows the cows especially being abused - poked with metal pokers - their young pulled from them and roughed up, cows being put in these large half-circle temporary cages having their throats cut out with nothing to dull the pain, then falling out of the pen and rolling down an embankment in what has ta be horrible pain, left ta bleed out and die, then cut up for meat I suppose.

What happens to the dogs and cats in Asian countries totally breaks my heart, though. The dogs, some reports say their throats are cut first, others leave that out, they're thrown into hot tubs and their fur comes off. They pull them out of there and they're no doubt hurting horribly, then they're taken and blowtorched to death. I am totally appalled by this practice and you have to know their idiotic belief system to know why. In many of these Asian countries they believe that the more the animal suffers in death the better tasting the meat. Truly demonic behavior and despicable.

Gross, sick, nauseating and horribly sad. Totally sickens me. It's one thing to kill an animal for their meat in what should be humane methods. But these idiots are torturing these animals on purpose to get their meat all tasty. Makes me wish for Armageddon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs