Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2013, 07:16 PM

6,591 posts, read 24,879,579 times

Advertisements

dogs do NOT urniate for attention or out of vindictivness/revenge thats one of those "trainer myths" that goes right along with alpha rolling and biting your dogs.
dogs urnitate because they need to pee OR to mark territory...
now STRESS can cause potty issues, but its a physical symptom of mental stress, NOT revenge or attention seeking.

but ANY suden changes in potty habits should be checked by a vet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2014, 12:47 PM

1 posts, read 1,172 times
Judge me all you want but my pup is 6 months old and knows I don't play about peeing! He peed in his bed today and when I walked in there with the newspaper I didn't even have to open my mouth his head was bowed and ears tucked back! Then walked to his cage on his own begging to be locked up for disobedience lol. I'm going to assume since this happened this morning that my dog had to go badly because she honestly never does that unless she's been holding it forever so I don't spank her with the newspaper. For the most part she's been great she sees me as her pack leader and does not pee in her crate at all because she knows that doesn't make me happy. She has had a few accidents on her bed while sleeping over night but that is my fault for making her wait 10 hours before taking her out ( I know bad Parent) but you puppy wants to make you happy unless it doesn't see you as the pack leader then it feels that you should be making it happy then you have a big problem. Many people on here might disagree but I do spank my puppy with a newspaper I am a strong believer that if she can be treated like my child I will spank her as such 👋👋👋

Old 05-14-2014, 08:04 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,152,335 times
never spank a dog with a newspaper. Dogs like to please but they do not pee for any other resons than they can't hold it any longer or their territory is being invaded. There is a big difference between a child and a dog. I don't believe in hitting children either.

http://www.realclearscience.com/blog...-your-dog.html

Old 05-15-2014, 01:32 PM

19,827 posts, read 22,734,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxywench View Post
dogs do NOT urniate for attention or out of vindictivness/revenge thats one of those "trainer myths" that goes right along with alpha rolling and biting your dogs.
dogs urnitate because they need to pee OR to mark territory...
now STRESS can cause potty issues, but its a physical symptom of mental stress, NOT revenge or attention seeking.

but ANY suden changes in potty habits should be checked by a vet.
Hah- we had a toy poodle when I was a kid that if ever got scolded ran straight to the bedroom and peed on my moms pillow.

No kidding.

Old 05-15-2014, 01:37 PM

19,827 posts, read 22,734,712 times
Most of my dogs have had peeing issues anywhere from 6-8 months, generally due to maturation of the animal. The bladder never seems to keep up with the rest of them.

Just an observation but we do not let our dogs sleep on our beds, get up on our furniture etc.. They have Carrhart dog beds and the entire floor. The furniture and beds are our 'domain', our 'nests'. The ony exception is when I go bird hunting with my GSP's. They are allowed to sleep in my truck camper in the cabover bed. Mainly because that's the only place to sleep and also because when we are hunting WE are hunting. It makes the end of their day a treat.

Old 09-24-2014, 01:16 AM

1 posts, read 1,018 times
Smile knowing what your going through

I'm also going through what u talked about I have 9 month old female pit bull and she was sleeping in the bed now she has to b locked in her crate or she will pee in the bed or poop on the floor no matter how many times we take her out it is a good idea to go to the vet first but most likely she like my girl needs more training my robin isn't allowed on the bed any more if she does she goes straight to her crate and if ur puppy is anything like mine she won't like it either it seems to b working

Old 02-08-2016, 01:05 PM

1 posts, read 712 times
My Bichon mix will be 2 years old in April. We got her as a rescue in April last year. The person who got rid of her said she had problems with her peeing on the beds also. Since we have had her for the past 10 months she has peed on the bed 14 times......!!!Rubbed her nose in it, scolded her and also whopped her with newspaper. Nothing works. Otherwise she is a loving lively dog. Have been to the vet and she is perfectly healthy! am going to have to get rid of her if this keeps on, since I am too old to strip the beds every two-three days to wash up everything.

Old 02-22-2016, 08:39 AM

10 posts, read 13,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwebst200 View Post
Judge me all you want but my pup is 6 months old and knows I don't play about peeing! He peed in his bed today and when I walked in there with the newspaper I didn't even have to open my mouth his head was bowed and ears tucked back! Then walked to his cage on his own begging to be locked up for disobedience lol. I'm going to assume since this happened this morning that my dog had to go badly because she honestly never does that unless she's been holding it forever so I don't spank her with the newspaper. For the most part she's been great she sees me as her pack leader and does not pee in her crate at all because she knows that doesn't make me happy. She has had a few accidents on her bed while sleeping over night but that is my fault for making her wait 10 hours before taking her out ( I know bad Parent) but you puppy wants to make you happy unless it doesn't see you as the pack leader then it feels that you should be making it happy then you have a big problem. Many people on here might disagree but I do spank my puppy with a newspaper I am a strong believer that if she can be treated like my child I will spank her as such 👋👋👋
that's abuse for god's sake you shouldn't have a dog

fyi dogs often pee out in your bed out of fear and anxiety and it is clear why your dog is fearful

Old 02-22-2016, 09:53 AM

7,329 posts, read 16,444,618 times
This thread started long ago, but one of our dogs did this a few times in the first year that we owned her. Every single time, there had been men she didn't know doing work in the house, making banging noises and such, so it was definitely stress related in her case. She didn't do it until a few hours later, so I didn't put two and two together the first time, but then the pattern became unmistakable.
When it happened, I'd show her the wet spot and tell her very matter of factly, "no pee in the bed" (and she knew the words no, pee, and bed so she knew what I meant). Then I'd just clean it up and not say another word. After she had lived with us longer and got used to things, she never did it again. Hitting her with paper or rubbing her nose in it would just have made her more nervous and afraid of us. I've never punished any of the 5 dogs I've owned for having accidents in the house, and they've all learned to be housebroken. Not hitting your dog doesn't equal being too much of a softie with them.

Old 02-23-2016, 03:20 PM

9,519 posts, read 14,765,036 times
My 18 -year old Pit Bull started peeing the bed and the vet advised Prion. She takes half an pill a day and NO MORE PROBLEM.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs