U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2006, 05:47 PM

14,495 posts, read 25,174,293 times

Advertisements

I have shar-pei and am involved with dog rescue organizations in the south and northeast. Does anyone need help finding a site, or has a dog they need to get adopted?. I myself am looking for a pit bull or shar-pei or other medium sized dog that can be added to my family! I have 5 acres and would be happy to help.

sunny.
Rate this post positively

Old 02-07-2007, 05:02 PM

1 posts, read 5,715 times
Default i have 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyhelena View Post
I have shar-pei and am involved with dog rescue organizations in the south and northeast. Does anyone need help finding a site, or has a dog they need to get adopted?. I myself am looking for a pit bull or shar-pei or other medium sized dog that can be added to my family! I have 5 acres and would be happy to help.

sunny.
i have a 6 month old female all white pit bull that is deaf that needs adoption if you are interested email me Mikeotec@hotmail.com

Old 02-08-2007, 10:29 AM

8 posts, read 55,726 times
An excellent website for finding pets (not just dogs) is www.petfinder.com.

We have adopted (been adopted by?) 3 dogs using that site. It is phenomenal!

Old 02-10-2007, 08:09 PM

9,368 posts, read 23,924,537 times
I just received an e-mail about two black labs up for adoption. They are three years old and the owner has terminal cancer. They are indoor dogs and have grown up together. They are in the Jacksonville area. I have pix, but will have to e-mail to send- not able to upload.

Old 02-10-2007, 11:38 PM

29,042 posts, read 48,257,237 times
I don't know exactly where you're located, but check out this cutie-pie in Arkansas: http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/...?petid=4845227
And here's a Shar-Pei/Pitbull mix in Memphis, who sounds like she might be a difficult one: http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/...?petid=7025488

As MrsDD mentioned, Petfinder is an excellent resource... you can search by breed, location, age, gender, etc., and it also has info. on individual rescues. I have a shelter dog myself, who was adopted from the Peninsula Humane Society in San Mateo (CA). I found him just by walking in the shelter, after many months of searching - so you never know when you'll find the perfect doggie. Thank you for offering to share your home with a rescue, and good luck in finding the right one!

Old 02-17-2007, 07:39 AM

1 posts, read 5,687 times
Default Pit Bull Puppy

We have a beautiful 12 week old female pit bull puppy named Babs. My son is unable to care for her. My husband and I have boarded her at a local veterinary clinic as we have two dogs ourselves. She's wonderful with other animals and is just as sweet as she can be. Can anyone help?

Old 02-19-2007, 05:46 PM

489 posts, read 1,928,687 times
My parents who reside in NE Alabama (Section) had a pregnant mixed breed dog wander up to their home on Christmas Eve. She has since had 11 puppies, and all of them - to include the "mom" - need homes. I've seen pics, and about half of them look to be labs and the other half look like cattle dogs. They are all very beautiful and are semi housetrained. I'd post some pics, but the pics I have are polaroids taken by my parents. Please PM me if you know anyone who might be interested. Thank you.

Old 02-19-2007, 08:46 PM

1 posts, read 5,659 times
Have the black lab dogs found a home yet, or are they still looking?

Old 02-20-2007, 07:55 AM

489 posts, read 1,928,687 times
My parents still have the following puppies available:
Three (3) "blonde" colored lab-looking puppies (with mixed colored eyes);
Three (3) gray-black-brown (brindle-like) with blue eyes (look like cattle dogs);
Two (2) black with white on muzzle and chest areas (body of cattle dog); and
One (1) black (looks like lab).
The puppies are 7 weeks old; they have had their first shots and have been wormed.
If you PM me, I can give you my parents' phone number, and you can call them with any further questions. If you want a puppy, you will have to go pick it up. Parents are on a fixed income and do not have reliable transportation. Thank you everyone!

Old 02-20-2007, 02:48 PM

5 posts, read 18,397 times
I am looking for a full blooded yellow Lab puppy for handicapp daughter she lost her first one due to old age.Thanks if anyone can help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.