Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2018, 09:18 PM

255 posts, read 169,233 times

Advertisements

Never leave your dog outside unattended! This is absolutely horrific and heartbreaking! This kid is obviously an evil little sociopath. I do have to wonder why the owners of the dog left him out where he could get out of the yard and why they left him outside when they left the home. While this extreme case was caught on film and the perpetrator captured, thousands of dogs are stolen from yards to be resold, or worse, used as bait for fighting dogs, or often tortured to death somewhere else. Or they get bored and lonely and dig under fencing, chew threw fencing, or climb fencing to run off, possibly lost forever, hit by a car, shot, procreate and produce more unwanted dogs, get poisoned, etc. Hopefully, this little monster will be held accountable but the owner failed his little dog because he was irresponsible.
Child Caught On Camera Torturing Family's Puppy In Lawton - News On 6
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2018, 09:32 PM

27,073 posts, read 11,885,527 times
Horrifying.

Psychopath in the making...they love to torture animals.

Old 10-17-2018, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
Horrifying.

Psychopath in the making...they love to torture animals.
Psychopaths are born that way; this kid is already made! I have never seen anything so blatantly evil and cruel being done to an animal by a child. He clearly has zero empathy or any kind of a conscious. I would be truly terrified if I lived with or anywhere near this child because if he is doing this at 6 (or was it 7?), one can only imagine what he'll be doing at 13 or 14! I would not be surprised if he hasn't done this before, probably to neighborhood cats, stray dogs, and small wildlife. He was quick, sneaky, and so intentional. I bet his neighborhood has had several unexplained missing or hurt animals and people may start putting it together now that this video has come to light; imagine if it wasn't caught on video? This is just so completely disturbing to me. That poor puppy will likely never be the same. He was so trusting and friendly, even to a complete stranger - probably never entered his mind that a human would hurt him. His owner was irresponsible but he probably treated the little guy well.

Old 10-17-2018, 11:11 PM

1,415 posts, read 1,191,575 times
I've got a milk carton with a blank side. Just sayin'.

Old 10-17-2018, 11:46 PM

3,351 posts, read 2,149,391 times
This is a graduated behavior on the part of the child in question. The parents aren't oblivious to it unless they're perpetually strung out and not present. They should probably be in jail as well. Remove the child immediately and commit him for as long as possible.

On another note, placing any blame whatsoever on the homeowner with the fenced-in yard is nearly as sick as the boy who committed the crime.

Old 10-18-2018, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpinionInOcala View Post
This is a graduated behavior on the part of the child in question. The parents aren't oblivious to it unless they're perpetually strung out and not present. They should probably be in jail as well. Remove the child immediately and commit him for as long as possible.

On another note, placing any blame whatsoever on the homeowner with the fenced-in yard is nearly as sick as the boy who committed the crime.
The owner IS to blame because he was irresponsible and left a dog, a 4 lb puppy, outside, unattended and not contained in a yard. Your job as a dog owner is to keep your pets contained and safe from harm. You'll note the story says the child "coaxed the puppy out of the yard" and into the drive before carrying him to the backyard. The picture shows the puppy out in the drive, by the car.

So you tell me how calling that for exactly what it is is "nearly as sick" as taking a 4 lb puppy, kicking it, punching it, throwing it in the air and slamming it to the ground, beating it with a stick, and then putting a piece of concrete over it, after nearly killing it, and then casually walking away. Really think that one over and get back to me. I'm dying to hear this logic!

Old 10-18-2018, 09:02 AM

3,351 posts, read 2,149,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBZB View Post
The owner IS to blame because he was irresponsible and left a dog, a 4 lb puppy, outside, unattended and not contained in a yard. Your job as a dog owner is to keep your pets contained and safe from harm. You'll note the story says the child "coaxed the puppy out of the yard" and into the drive before carrying him to the backyard. The picture shows the puppy out in the drive, by the car.

So you tell me how calling that for exactly what it is is "nearly as sick" as taking a 4 lb puppy, kicking it, punching it, throwing it in the air and slamming it to the ground, beating it with a stick, and then putting a piece of concrete over it, after nearly killing it, and then casually walking away. Really think that one over and get back to me. I'm dying to hear this logic!

I had watched the video with the sound muted since the wife was sleeping. Seeing the unusual amount of fencing in the video, I had just assumed that everything was contained and the little psycho had initially opened one or more gates. I've gone back and re-watched it now upon seeing your post. I'm happy to apologize since the owner, as you said, clearly stated the dog was simply able to be coaxed out and that's ridiculous. In that case, the dog should be removed from the idiot's custody and he ought to be fined (big) for the neglect that led to this savagery.

Old 10-18-2018, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpinionInOcala View Post
I had watched the video with the sound muted since the wife was sleeping. Seeing the unusual amount of fencing in the video, I had just assumed that everything was contained and the little psycho had initially opened one or more gates. I've gone back and re-watched it now upon seeing your post. I'm happy to apologize since the owner, as you said, clearly stated the dog was simply able to be coaxed out and that's ridiculous. In that case, the dog should be removed from the idiot's custody and he ought to be fined (big) for the neglect that led to this savagery.

Old 10-18-2018, 04:19 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,847,876 times
What a collision of fools--an animal abuser and an owner who leaves a puppy--a baby--unattended.

And don't think that miserable little cretin won't get a slap on the wrist. We have a dachshund now, and I had one as a child. How horrific--and wagging his tail the entire time.

I read that the vet has agreed to perform the surgery at no charge. I hope the poor little thing walks again. Dachshunds often have enough problems with their backs. They don't need their legs compromised, too.

Old 10-18-2018, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
What a collision of fools--an animal abuser and an owner who leaves a puppy--a baby--unattended.

And don't think that miserable little cretin won't get a slap on the wrist. We have a dachshund now, and I had one as a child. How horrific--and wagging his tail the entire time.

I read that the vet has agreed to perform the surgery at no charge. I hope the poor little thing walks again. Dachshunds often have enough problems with their backs. They don't need their legs compromised, too.
Do you think they can legally do anything to a child of that age?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs