Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2019, 02:52 PM

3,671 posts, read 3,556,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatzPaw View Post
How about a muzzle plus a cone of shame?
This sounds like it might work. What do you think Three Wolves?

Any updates?

Old 09-29-2019, 02:03 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
Yeah. I have an update.

I'm going to kill the dog.

I put him in his crate like I always do, and then went out this morning to go do some extra work (saving up to get out of the horrible state that I live in right now).

I got back home, and the first thing I noticed was 3 of the blind slats had been ripped down. It's not unusual for them to rip at least one down, far too often, because they stick their heads through them to bark at things - anything.

But 3 is not normal. I thought maybe another dog went by - that will have them charging the window.

I open the door to ask the girl wth she was doing, because she's not normally like that, and there was the boy, right there at the door with her.

What.

The.

Hell.

I fully open the door, take in the scene, and I'm done with this dog. He's at the door, all happy, excited to see me, along with the girl.

I take in what he did while I was gone, and I'm not happy nor excited to see him. Because what I saw was a destroyed crate door, and my cat, Morticia, inside the crate, on the small rug I put in there for that stupid dog, lying on her side, mouth open in the way that you know she's dead.

I went over to her, pulled her out on the rug, and she is dead. I could see fur missing in chunks, and I saw slight redness but no actual puncture wounds. He didn't bite her apart, he shook her to death. The small red scrapes were probably from his bottom teeth as he shook her, but he did not actually bite her.

And that pos was pleased with himself. Even had the audacity to look confused when I turned my head and gave him the coldest, most evil glare I've ever given in my life. My girl understood. She was in half stride, unmoving - afraid to move. The boy was looking at me like, "What?"

I know how he got out, but I don't know how the hell he got out.

I know he destroyed the crate door, he pushed the tray out, must have started at the bottom, and shoved and plowed his way through the rest of it - like he does in life. He can't ever just think, he shoves and plows his way through everything in life. It's so damn annoying. Mind games - the girl actually thinks about it. You can see her thinking about it. Him? He just plows through it, throws it around, makes the treats come out by force, not by using his stupid, useless mind. He's a complete idiot dog. He really is stupid. I've said it before, he's not smart, at all. It took him 2 fricken years to learn "shake", he's that stupid. So he just bullies and plows his way through life, and it's been the most frustrating, sometimes scary, years of my life with this dog.

He got through the crate door. There is no way to keep everyone safe now. I'm not going to force my other pets to live in my small bedroom for the rest of that dumb useless boy dog's natural life. He has to go.

He's been nothing but a major pain in the hide. I've spent untold hours, untold dollars, I've had untold moments of frustration, and wanting to give up on him...but I never did.

Now?

I'm done.

Old 09-29-2019, 03:21 PM

1,343 posts, read 1,372,421 times
This is so awful and so sad. I'm really sorry to read it. Poor Morticia, and poor you (and I mean that very sincerely). This sounds like a nightmarish, heartbreaking scene to come home to. What an extremely painful thing. I'm so sorry.

Old 09-29-2019, 04:04 PM

2,695 posts, read 3,401,102 times
Oh no , worst case scenario for you and your crew, take
a deep breath and keep us posted.

Old 09-29-2019, 06:29 PM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,387,317 times
I would be done too. I would have him euthanized.

Dog crates don't keep many dogs in. I would never jeopardize a cats life by leaving them alone with a vicious dog, even if it was crated. For that fact, I wouldn't make a cat live in the same house with a dog, especially one bigger than a cat.

Old 09-29-2019, 06:56 PM

3,671 posts, read 3,556,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
I would be done too. I would have him euthanized.

Dog crates don't keep many dogs in. I would never jeopardize a cats life by leaving them alone with a vicious dog, even if it was crated. For that fact, I wouldn't make a cat live in the same house with a dog, especially one bigger than a cat.
bjh, it truly varies from dog to dog, even breed. (in my experience) I have a Great pyrenees, a giant breed. The dog is so sweet and bonded with his cat family, they sleep on the 140 lb. dog. The male cat even bosses him around by showing he's the alpha. (eats and drinks from dogs' bowls!) We purposely chose this breed because they are a guardian breed, and growing up with the cats, would protect them with his life. My other pyr came to me as a year old rescue, never once showed any aggression to the cats.

Three Wolves, I also want to add how very sorry I am to hear your plight. You tried, the dog failed.
Like bjh mentioned; I would also euthanize an animal that dared to attack and kill another he was brought up to co-habitate with. So sorry for your loss.

Last edited by TerraDown; 09-29-2019 at 07:09 PM..

Old 09-29-2019, 07:22 PM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,387,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraDown View Post
bjh, it truly varies from dog to dog, even breed. . . .
I think you're right. I was having a 'moment' on behalf of kitty.

And I've also heard good things about Great Pyrenees being cat-friendly.

This subject gets to me because cats have been the best pets to me all my life and it literally sickens me to learn of this kind of thing. Cats are vilified by too many when they are sweet, timid little critters that want to be our friends. Forcing a cat to share a home with a dog that is vicious towards cats is like forcing a human to live with a homicidal maniac that wants to murder them. We should all just say NO when it comes to co-habitating dogs that are hostile to cats!

Old 09-29-2019, 08:08 PM

3,605 posts, read 9,058,713 times
I'm so sorry. I wish I had some insight to help but I don't, sometimes it all just sucks.

Old 09-30-2019, 07:52 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,743,804 times
I’m so sorry for your loss, Three Wolves. You tried to make it work. I’m so sorry that it ended this way.

Old 09-30-2019, 08:35 AM

73 posts, read 37,786 times
So sorry for your loss...

I had a cat before I had my dog. The cat never liked the dog. Dog was just very curious and playful and I know wouldn't hurt the cat. Cat passed away when she was 10 years old I guess from heart attack due to constantly being harassed by the dog. They were together for 2 years. Dog was crated and cat had the run of the house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs