Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2019, 10:41 AM

4 posts, read 984 times

Advertisements

Can anyone recommend a low cost veterinarians in the Ft Lauderdale/Oakland Park areas? I currently go to Park Veterinary in Oakland Park but have been told by several others they are very expensive. I believe my dog has diabetes and need to have her checked out. Thanks-
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2019, 12:43 PM

23,346 posts, read 18,930,669 times
You'll probably get suggestions if you post this under the FL-Ft Lauderdale subforum. So these people who bashed your current vet...did they have any suggestions to offer? Do some research on your own. Call practices yourself and ask what their office visits and diabetes lab diagnostics cost.

Old 10-07-2019, 01:32 PM

4 posts, read 984 times
Nobody bashed my current vet, just more than a few have said they are on the High side price wise.

Old 10-08-2019, 12:49 PM

23,346 posts, read 18,930,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnml View Post
Nobody bashed my current vet, just more than a few have said they are on the High side price wise.
So, what vets do they use instead?

Old 10-08-2019, 02:28 PM

4 posts, read 984 times
That’s the problem, nobody I know has a primary vet.

Old 10-08-2019, 03:35 PM

5,955 posts, read 2,888,248 times
sure , I want a cheep doctor lol

Old 10-08-2019, 10:04 PM

13,931 posts, read 39,329,788 times
Diabeties is Not something you want to wait on starting treatment! Take her to the vet ASAP

Old 10-21-2019, 02:26 PM

1,024 posts, read 1,279,821 times
Quote:
Can anyone recommend a low cost veterinarians in the Ft Lauderdale/Oakland Park areas? I currently go to Park Veterinary in Oakland Park but have been told by several others they are very expensive. I believe my dog has diabetes and need to have her checked out. Thanks-
Vet cost is rising anywhere you go in South FL. Based on my experience, this is what I suggest:

Avoid Oakland Park AH. Dr. R is an exotic and small animal vet. Without going into details, if his skills as an exotic vet is as bad as a dog or cat vet, you are better off going somewhere else. And it gets pricey by him pushing you to buy supplements you don't need. He is not clear when answering questions, giving very vague answers, especially when questioned about the supplements.

Crystal Lake Animal Hospital in Margate is my vet and the best so far. Prices are reasonable, sometimes discounts like bringing 2 pets in for a visit. Vet is an older gentleman with a more conservative approach in vet medicine. All my pets are well cared for and I trust his advice. An exam is about $50-55. The other vets in the area is charging $65 per exam.

Avoid Parkland AH. Senior vet is never around and only vet available is inexperienced, and charges an expensive fee for outside consultation to diagnose your pet, as well as an expensive exam fee. Too many staff walking around with nothing to do.

Old 10-21-2019, 02:39 PM

4 posts, read 984 times
Took my dog to my regular vet which I’d Park Veterinarians in Oakland Park. Thought dog was diabetic since she’s drinking a lot of water. She had blood work done and they couldn’t believe it when the blood work didn’t show anything wrong. Sigh of relief. Now, they suggested a teeth cleaning for $400. Googling this showed this is actually pretty reasonable as most vets charge anywhere from $400-$1000. They said anyone trying to clean the teeth with putting the dog to sleep won’t clean anywhere near as good. I actually know someone who works in a vets office about 20 miles from me that’s A little cheaper but that price didn’t include meds. That’s the next step. Thanks for the info.

Old 10-23-2019, 11:16 AM

9,881 posts, read 14,147,917 times
Quote:

Quote:
That’s the problem, nobody I know has a primary vet.

Yes, costs will always be higher than the zero costs they are paying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs