Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2020, 11:27 AM

19,711 posts, read 20,240,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rkstar71 View Post
We have a few dogs. Our Princess took her last breath while laying on my lap in 2017.

Even now whenever I think of her or talk about her or look at her pictures it feels like there's a vice grip on my lungs and I can't breathe in fully. I miss her badly.

But now her trainee has moved into the Princess position in the house. And she's a spoiled doggy that gets lots of love. All our dogs get lots of love.
I know that feeling... I feel it now! My dog passed 2months ago, and this thread has me crying!

I don't think I'll ever get another pet again. That dog was the love of my life.

Wishing relief for all those who are suffering from loss.... ♥
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2020, 07:10 PM

8,674 posts, read 22,919,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post

I don't think I'll ever get another pet again.
Take all the time you need, but don't give up on giving and receiving unconditional love.

Old 02-08-2020, 09:40 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,873,001 times
Know exactly how you feel, my Gus died suddenly 4 months ago. He was all I had and my best friend. I still cry thinking about him, and although I don't sob uncontrollably every single day like I did, it's still tough without him. Take all the time you need, don't let anyone tell you how you should act or what you should do.

Old 02-10-2020, 10:45 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,495,584 times
Know exactly how you feel, my Gus died suddenly 4 months ago. He was all I had and my best friend. I still cry thinking about him, and although I don't sob uncontrollably every single day like I did, it's still tough without him. Take all the time you need, don't let anyone tell you how you should act or what you should do.

I agree completely with this advice. If you're ready for another pet, by all means, get one. They're such good friends and they're so smart. Go with them.

Old 02-11-2020, 06:38 PM

1,579 posts, read 949,600 times
Hey OP. How are you feeling? It can take a while to heal, so as others said, take the time you need. I've lost five pets over the years and it always hurts, but then I think of how much love and joy they brought to my life and how much love and joy I gave them. It's a shame it can't last longer, but you will always have those memories and the love will always be there. Hang in there.

Old 02-11-2020, 08:19 PM

18 posts, read 6,820 times
My condolences to you as you go through this difficult time. I know it hurts, but it does get better over time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs