Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2020, 09:42 PM

4,231 posts, read 15,382,858 times

Advertisements

If your beagle is crate trained, that might be to your (her) advantage. When we rented a pet-friendly house at a beach, we made sure to take the crates or ex-pen (exercise pen, you can google it, it folded up nicely) as it would assure there was no damage (ie chewing, accidents) as they were confined to it when we would leave the house. Fortunately they werent barkers and were older and not destructive but I didnt want to leave it to chance as they were in a new place and just wanted to be safe (rather than sorry). I dont recall a weight limit but they were small dogs, under 20 lbs.
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2020, 08:53 AM

1,045 posts, read 1,050,387 times
We just booked an Air BNB and planned to take our dog. There was a 25 pound limit and my cocker spaniel is 28ish. My dog is also crate trained and we were sure to mention that he'd be there anytime we went out without him. The landlord was absolutely fine with it.

There's a lot of bad press around certain breeds. While I think it's ridiculous (any dog could be a killer if not trained properly), it's still a real concern for a lot of people. Your beagle is probably fine. Just let the landlord know. Offer to let the landlord meet the dog. Make sure that it's written into your lease.

Old 02-09-2022, 11:14 AM

14,369 posts, read 11,870,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kacchako95 View Post
Hi I'm wondering if I can get away with having my beagle in the rented home we might move too. She weighs 35 pounds, shes sweet doesn't bark a lot really unless I'm gone. And she doesn't dig holes. Shes also very loving and friendly. The only issue is her weight. The internet says on average female beagles usually weigh 22-25 pounds. I'm wondering if I can still get away with having her cause of what the average weight says? We also have a miniature Dachshund but clearly hes by far under 25 I'm just worried about her. And theres no way I can give her away/rehome her etc. Shes family. I just hope I can get away with it x.x

"shes sweet doesn't bark a lot really unless I'm gone"

She barks when you're gone? That's a HUGE issue. No one wants to live next to that.

Old 02-11-2022, 04:44 PM

10,171 posts, read 6,628,931 times
'nuther great 1st post!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs