Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2020, 10:10 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,322,930 times

Advertisements

I have 2 dogs, 15 & 16 yrs old. Metacam was costing me about $150/mo.
Over the holidays I ran out- the vet is only in town Wednesday & every other Tuesday. When I realized how long it would be to get a refill I panicked and started them on CBD.
It took a few days but they seem to be doing well now. The older, 50#-er doesn't seem quite right - maybe not as strong. But she isn't stiff and she can squat when she goes potty.

I think I need to walk them more. We dog park before and after work every day but they don't do much.

Has anyone else switched their dog from prescription to CBD? I was hesitant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2020, 05:27 AM

247 posts, read 236,668 times
I’ve heard that CBD works wonders on pets, especially as you continue to give it to them and it builds up in their system. I’m planning to try it on my aging lab this year!

Old 01-09-2020, 06:08 AM

296 posts, read 265,853 times
Please do some research before you try CBD. Pure CBD is a controlled substance (don’t believe me try to order some pure edibles from Cheeba Chews and have them sent to a state that has not legalized MM).

Here’s something to get you started

https://www.dvm360.com/view/cbd-forg...inary-patients

Old 01-09-2020, 06:43 AM

1,343 posts, read 1,372,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danica32 View Post
Please do some research before you try CBD. Pure CBD is a controlled substance (don’t believe me try to order some pure edibles from Cheeba Chews and have them sent to a state that has not legalized MM).

Great article. Thank you very much for posting the link.

Old 01-09-2020, 07:01 PM

3,605 posts, read 9,059,576 times
My last dog was given CBD and bone broth twice a day and she made it to 16 years old as a BIG dog at 110lbs. I would buy bones at the store weekly and throw them in the crock pot for about 24 hours to pullout all the collagen and then add a dropper full of CBD. She was a big old dog with joint issues and cancer in her last few months, the combo really seemed to make her calmer and more comfortable.

Old 01-09-2020, 10:10 PM

The Hemp oil I buy says give it on an empty stomach but my little can't tolerate that so I put it in their food.

Old 01-10-2020, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danica32 View Post

It is a good article, thanks. It's very pro-CBD for pets.

Old 01-10-2020, 09:43 AM

1,343 posts, read 1,372,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterseat View Post
It is a good article, thanks. It's very pro-CBD for pets.

Yes, it is, though - for those who don't bother to read it, I'll point out that it says that it's VERY important that the product you use on dogs should NOT have THC or xyliltol in it. I think a lot of dog owners know about the xylitol by this point, but people also need to be careful about the THC.

Old 01-10-2020, 07:46 PM

2,195 posts, read 2,589,697 times
I have had my senior on CBD oil for about a month. He has some senior issues, arthritis , is blind and gets really restless at night and has occasional bouts of anxiety. We have a local apothecary shop that formulates it for dogs and people and it is legal here.

I was really skeptical but decided to try it when a friend gave me some that they could not use. I have noticed a significant improvement in those issues since starting him on it. He sleeps better, has less anxiety and seems to move more comfortably. He was ,however, not on anything prescription beforehand.

I don't think it is a cure all, but for anxiety and pain management, things it has been proven to help, it seems to be good.

I really liked the above linked article. Very useful. Thank you for posting it.

Old 01-10-2020, 09:20 PM

Yep - this is a Pet.Releaf product. No THC. Certified organic. Specifically for dogs or cats.

I would never give my animals anything without researching it.

I was skeptical for a long time. Then my awesome therapist friend began promoting it. Still hesitant.

I'm really pleased. Took about a week for it to start working well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs