Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2018, 05:19 AM

2 posts, read 2,657 times

Advertisements

It was an ordinary routine day for me and wowie my buddy it seems that his belly was big and drinks a lot of water and as well he eat a lot and he gains 21 lbs. that time, every saturday we take a walk just to give a change of view as he always left inside the house. On January 3,2017 when I got home i wondered why he sneeze a lot with drops of blood,and he coughs a lot he is always clearing his throut thats been going on for quiet sometime so I decided to bring him to the vet, on January 10,2017 they performed the ff:Radiology 2 views, IH Chem 17, IH CBC, furosemide injection,antibiotic injection,blood samples collectionetc. went home and the prognosis from radiologist is enlarged heart and enlarged liver went home with 4 medication to let him drink. vetmedin,enalapril,furosemide this are for every 12 hours and the enrofloxacin is once a day. First he ate dog food not too much minimal I should say I was able to give the medication mix in his food that is wednesday Jan. 10 it start, next day he still eats but now he dont want the dog food less appetite I can tell so I decided to give what he wants vienna sausage , so i did insert the medication in it and it was fined he sleep a lot ,no energy i can tell then comes friday now he now no appetite so was able to let him eat with chicken nuggets and this time when he ate the chicken meat he spitting out the medications so i tried my best to feed him and put it on the side of his mouth. We went back to the vet on a monday becuse during the intake of medication he has frequent nosebleed on his left side as per doctors advice the blood comes from his cavity because there is a hole in his gums and as per thier info thats the reason why he dont have an appetite. they performed x ray again and they say good news that the heart and liver are smaller compare the first visit and they add 2 more medication clavamox, buprenex and it was fine that sunday and monday i was surprise he becoming having energy as he can use our paio 3 steps down to pee and goes up to go in and at night he ate a lot and drink too he went to bed the next morning come i noticed he is not breathing anymore , my big question What went wrong ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2018, 10:15 AM

3,925 posts, read 4,130,367 times
Sorry for you loss. its horrible to lose a friend. We lost our beloved Lucky to old age(he was our best friend for 13 of his 14.5 years of life) and advanced Kidney disease back in November, so I understand what you are going through.

As to what went wrong, you would need to ask your veterinarian, and/or get an autopsy..

Old 01-21-2018, 01:03 PM

8,553 posts, read 10,978,234 times
My guess would be a reaction to all those drugs.
Way to many.

Bob.

Old 01-21-2018, 07:56 PM

2,333 posts, read 1,999,429 times
You need to talk to the vets, and you need to do it honestly and openly. You should ask the vet the same questions, with the same words, as you asked here.

However, from your description, it sounds like your dog was very, very sick. And given how sick your dog was, I am not surprised at the sad ending.

I suspect that, if you talk to your vets honestly, you will find that they may not have expected the dog to survive. That probably sounds harsh right now - but if I knew a better way to say it, I would have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs