Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2021, 06:33 AM

1,342 posts, read 1,357,526 times

Advertisements

I am so sorry you've had to say goodbye to one of your best friends. It's so, so painful. Now that it's over, "Shower the people (and dogs) you love with love."

As you already know, you've done a very hard and loving thing. Take some comfort in knowing you were a good steward up to the very end.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2021, 06:39 AM

686 posts, read 578,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
We wound up having to put her down at the vet's office. It was one of the most gut wrenching things that we've ever had to do but I know it was the right thing to do. We miss her terribly and our home is not the same without her but we take comfort that she is no longer in pain and that she has led a very well loved life.

Our younger dogs sniffed me when I returned from the vet without their big sister and I think that they both knew what had happened. They sort of flopped down and seemed sad for awhile. They've both been extra snugly like they need added reassurance and commiseration. Animals understand more than we know.
I am so sorry. It is never, ever easy. There are no words to comfort you, but just know you were a great dog mom, and she was very lucky to have been so loved. One thing that always helped me, was to think of all the great times, and would I rather have not known that, in order to avoid the most painful times? I would take each of my dogs, all over again, even to the bitter end.

Sending you and your other pup big hugs. Hang in there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs