Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2021, 03:06 PM

26,653 posts, read 28,677,767 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by terracore View Post
One of our dogs re-arranges the "dog furniture" throughout the day. If I go into my office she drags her dog bed into the hallway next to the office so she can lay in comfort and stare at me. When I go into the living room she follows me and brings her bed with her.

She likes to sleep in the bathtub so at nap time she puts her bed in there and sleeps on it.

One time her bed was in the washing machine so she pulled laundry out of the hamper and put it into the bathtub to sleep on. I should have been mad because she knows she's not allowed to mess with the clothes but I couldn't help but laugh at her ingenuity.

The first time it happened, I had re-arranged my office to accommodate space for our elderly dog that was not going to be with us much longer. I put the dog bed in the allotted space and showed the old girl where it was. She walked up to it, sniffed it, and then went out into the living room and threw her old bones onto the floor. The other dog came in, grabbed the bed, and took it into her preferred corner and laid down on it. I re-arranged my office for nothing. I had to laugh.
What a dog, lol. At least she knows her own mind!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2021, 04:59 PM

19,803 posts, read 9,357,559 times
The "stare".

Our Golden Retiever/Black Lab mix will simply stare at us whenever she wants anything (food, walk "her" place on our sofa where we have the nerve to be sitting) until we give in. If we ignore her, she will place one paw on one of our thighs. If that still doesn't work, she will then give a very low grrrrrrrrrrr.

She will be 16 in September, and it will be one of the saddest days in our life when she dies.

Old 04-26-2021, 03:57 AM

736 posts, read 456,190 times
When I'm leaving for work our schnauzer grabs the hem of my pants and tries to drag me back.

Old 04-26-2021, 04:50 AM

8,063 posts, read 12,774,958 times
My dog Hairyit jumps up in my chair, stands on her hind legs, and wraps her paws around my neck in order to lick my forehead and ears. It is very annoying but funny at the same time.

Old 04-26-2021, 06:22 AM

4,537 posts, read 3,755,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini1963 View Post
This is a great description, and our dog does it, too -- but it is always, ALWAYS about FOOOOOD.
She does respond well to training with treats and will snap to attention on a walk if I remind her there is a treat in my pocket. She is our first dog that hasn’t inhaled her food though. In the morning, she will take a piece or two of kibble out to the living room and will lay down to chew on them and then will come back to her bowl in the kitchen to finish. It actually takes her minutes rather than seconds.

Our newest cat will sometimes be interested in Georgy’s food bowl. Georgy will back off and let him check it out until I pull the cat away. There is no way that would have ever happened with our other dogs.

Last edited by jean_ji; 04-26-2021 at 06:31 AM..

Old 04-26-2021, 08:18 AM

17,376 posts, read 16,518,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
The "stare".

Our Golden Retiever/Black Lab mix will simply stare at us whenever she wants anything (food, walk "her" place on our sofa where we have the nerve to be sitting) until we give in. If we ignore her, she will place one paw on one of our thighs. If that still doesn't work, she will then give a very low grrrrrrrrrrr.

She will be 16 in September, and it will be one of the saddest days in our life when she dies.
Awww, she sounds adorable. We just lost our 14 year old Golden and we miss her sweet, but insistent, communications with us. If your baby is still getting up on the couch all by herself that is a really good sign.

Old 04-26-2021, 11:55 AM
KB4

1,032 posts, read 1,640,647 times
Since we just had lunch, I was reminded of another one. The dog keeps staring at us when we eat but when we look at him, he quickly turns his head away. "Who, me? I wasn't staring at you."

Old 04-26-2021, 12:12 PM

858 posts, read 681,295 times
Bo, my Border Collie, will sit directly in front of me with sad eyes if I am eating something and if I don't immediately give him a bite, he gently puts his paw in my lap and then really turns on the sad face.

Old 04-26-2021, 12:42 PM

1,860 posts, read 1,246,669 times
I have a bossy JRT and a complete pushover Lab. The funniest thing to me (my husband laughs at me because I laugh at them every single time) is when we play fetch. The Lab, Luna, outweighs Blue about 7x over and is much faster. But if I hand Blue the toy he takes off running every single time, his little ear flapping in the wind, full speed for about 2 feet before Luna grabs the toy from him.

He has never successfully evaded her. But he tries every time. And she lets him take it and chases him every single time. and they make me laugh every single time.

Old 04-27-2021, 05:42 AM

6,617 posts, read 6,543,160 times
Our son and DIL were given a baby racoon to raise. (orphaned) They fed it, and crated it until it was older, then they fed it outside, and left the crate door open outside for him to come and go.

We live about a one minute walk from their house and feed birds on our deck. The little rascal discovered the bird seed and decided it was better than the cat food they were feeding him. He has been coming to our deck for three years now, and often brings his friends. Our dog can smell them, or hear them, when they come to eat, and wants outside.

Now, whenever hubby goes out to feed the birds and coons, our yorkie-poo grabs one of the shoes he leaves at the door to the deck, and shakes it furiously. It's hilarious...I think his shoes weigh as much as she does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs