Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2021, 02:18 PM

3,374 posts, read 1,966,962 times

Advertisements

These are all great! Every dog is unique and they all have their cute ways. Our little black miniature poodle was blind for the last few years of her life. She got around great and did just fine. She was my husband's special little girl and she made it very clear that he was her favorite.

She always knew whenever he would leave the house and she would park herself close to the door. When he would come home, she wouldn't go to greet him, (even though she could because she would do it for me) she would just stand up and yap yap yap at him as if she was mad at him leaving. We always laughed and thought all she needs is a rolling pin or a frying pan in her paw and she would be straight out of the old comics strips!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2021, 03:24 PM

13,262 posts, read 8,022,582 times
I have a 6 month old **** Tzu. His name is Ziggy. We got him back in January. He's ridiculously cute, rascally, happy and friendly.

I have a video on my phone, where he was feeling especially wild, running back and forth full speed, looking like furry little bullet, throwing toys up in the air, making them squeak, growling at the toys, and then jumping in and out of an Amazon box, his little pudgy tummy getting stuck trying to climb in and out of the box, little legs scrambling to find purchase, and then finally, grabbing the box with his teeth, and moving it across the room.

It was one of the cutest, funniest things I'd seen in a long time.

Old 04-30-2021, 06:03 PM

4,412 posts, read 4,900,190 times
This always makes me laugh- We have a young Belgian Malinois and whenever I would come home after a few hours he gives me the standard dog "Oh my God, I haven't seen you in YEARS" greeting. But recently he also does that every time we come into the house after driving anywhere together. Like if the wife, dog, and I drive to the store, and the wife goes into the store (and I stay with dog to keep A/C running in car) and then we go into the house after, he greets me like I've been gone all day. Did he forget that we were just together in a car for the last hour?

He doesn't do it when we come in after a walk.

I've tried to talk the wife into letting him ride 'shotgun'. No dice.

Old 05-01-2021, 06:56 AM

5,044 posts, read 2,398,357 times
My pug likes to sit with his face around 3 inches from the space heater. You put your hand there and it is hot, I mean very hot. That little pug will sit there for hours roasting his head. Sometimes I expect his fur to start smoking and his eyeballs to melt. I have a fan constantly going for circulation. It is a tower fan that goes all the way to the floor. After he has roasted his head he sits around 3 inches from this and cools his head back down.

If the heater isn’t on for him to do this he must be on me or touching me. You only turn the heater off at your own peril.

Old 05-01-2021, 08:11 AM

31 posts, read 24,745 times
Our little 6y/o shih tzu perks up at the oddest things on TV. If it's a dog of any breed, she'll race up to the tube, stand on her hind legs, bark for all she's worth, and when the dog goes off screen she'll go looking for it, either racing out the doggy door or down the hallway. Horses are also big doggies according to her. The odd stuff she also barks or growls at on TV is black people (no idea why) and chain link fences. While she's doing her TV screen staring she'll sometimes get on the floor, squat down, start turning half circles on her butt all the while growling or yipping at the screen. Goofy doggy.

She also grunts/snores/mewls in her sleep, makes me giggle every time.

Old 05-01-2021, 09:59 AM

6,864 posts, read 4,860,189 times
Our last dog was about 110 pounds. We never allowed dogs on the furniture, so he wouldn't jump up on the sofa, but he would back up to it and park his butt on it. There was a human aspect to it that we found hilarious.

Old 05-05-2021, 05:33 PM

17,790 posts, read 13,682,006 times
I had about a two year rat terrier and a bull terrier who was a pup when this happened.

Somehow the rat terrier got ahold of a stale Taco Bell burrito that nobody had eaten. He started parading around the house with it in his mouth until the Bull Terrier noticed that he had it. Of course the Bull Terrier starts following him.

Rat Terrier goes out into the back yard through the dog door and Bull Terrier follows. Then the Rat Terrier takes off with Burrito in mouth to the edge of the yard and drops it and stands there beside it. Bull Terrier starts to come over there and right before he gets there the Rat Terrier picks it up and takes off to the other end of the yard. Process repeats itself for a good 20 minutes.

Finally the Rat Terrier comes back in the house with the Burrito and drops it right in front of me with a "would you please put this away until later" look on his face. I picked it up and put it on the counter. And with a satisfied look the Rat Terrier triumphantly trotted away about the time the Bull Terrier arrived with a hopeful look on his face. I didn't give them the burrito but they got a couple of Pupperonis for their performance.

Old 05-05-2021, 07:16 PM

3,374 posts, read 1,966,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
I had about a two year rat terrier and a bull terrier who was a pup when this happened.

Somehow the rat terrier got ahold of a stale Taco Bell burrito that nobody had eaten. He started parading around the house with it in his mouth until the Bull Terrier noticed that he had it. Of course the Bull Terrier starts following him.

Rat Terrier goes out into the back yard through the dog door and Bull Terrier follows. Then the Rat Terrier takes off with Burrito in mouth to the edge of the yard and drops it and stands there beside it. Bull Terrier starts to come over there and right before he gets there the Rat Terrier picks it up and takes off to the other end of the yard. Process repeats itself for a good 20 minutes.

Finally the Rat Terrier comes back in the house with the Burrito and drops it right in front of me with a "would you please put this away until later" look on his face. I picked it up and put it on the counter. And with a satisfied look the Rat Terrier triumphantly trotted away about the time the Bull Terrier arrived with a hopeful look on his face. I didn't give them the burrito but they got a couple of Pupperonis for their performance.
This was great! You tell the story well - I could see it happening

Old 05-05-2021, 10:13 PM

19,804 posts, read 9,353,220 times
Something else our dog will do is "tattle" on our cat. For example, tonight our cat was on the dining room table where we had left some food before going into another room. We first heard a sharp bark followed by a moderately loud "grrrr", and when we went to investigate, there was our dog growling up at our cat who was in the process of sniffing at the leftovers.

Come to think of it, I am not sure if she was actually tattling or if she was saying, "If I can't have any, then you're not going to have any, either!"

Old 05-07-2021, 11:20 AM

14,376 posts, read 18,369,736 times
We had our first outdoor agility class in a year the other night. She loves agility, but there was a lot of off course romping
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs