Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2021, 01:15 PM

173 posts, read 120,568 times

Advertisements

Lola is my 4 yr. old 75% aussie cattledog/heeler mix. When outdoors, I throw a tennis ball to her which she catches and immediately drops. Then she starts running wildly in circles and figure-8's around it including a few spins. She's had no training so it's all natural. Makes me laugh out loud every time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2021, 02:52 PM

17,352 posts, read 16,492,563 times
I swear we spend more time watching our dogs than we do our t.v. One of the things that always gets us laughing is when they play fight and do bitey face. When the German Shepherd growls she sounds like she's gargling - so not intimidating. When the pitt mix growls she sounds a bit like cat. It always looks and sounds so ridiculous.

My kids get a kick out of how our German Shepherd comes up to ME specifically and barks to either go outside or get her an ice cube. If I ignore her she swats me with her paw.

The pitt mix we have is a bit of a prissy princess. She loves to snuggle in among the throw pillows on our bed and lounges around like royalty. In the morning we have to wait for her to get up before we can make the bed because she sleeps in and she looks too darned comfy to disturb!

Old 04-22-2021, 03:12 PM

32,634 posts, read 47,986,069 times
We constantly laugh at Pensive. She never walks anywhere. She leaps, she cavorts, she dances, she twirls. It also makes us laugh (politely behind our hands) when she tries to convince my son to give her things she isn't supposed to have. She points at the item, glances at him, points at the item again, looking very hopeful. It never works but she never gives up hope.

Wyatt McRiot is a serious dog. But we get a laugh over his insistence that the front seat of my son's car belongs to him. I don't allow him in the front of my car, but he rides in front with my son. My son even bought him special seat covers. When we ride together, I get the front seat and Wyatt is quite incensed about it. That's his seat and I should ride in back. He'll give me a good glare to try and put me in my place before he jumps into the back.

My son gets home on his weekends and he will stop on the drive home and buy fried chicken and JoJos. He always brings a couple of JoJos for the dogs and we joke that the dogs aren't happy to see him, they are happy to get JoJos and that he'd better not come home without them or the dogs won't allow him in the house. He'll come in, put the JoJos on the kitchen counter and Wyatt will follow him to his room and Pensive stands in the kitchen staring at the JoJos waiting for them to be handed out..

Old 04-24-2021, 08:01 AM
KB4

1,032 posts, read 1,639,422 times
The way he grumbles and pushes his butt towards us when he wants butt scratches.

Old 04-24-2021, 08:17 AM

6,850 posts, read 4,850,706 times
My dog is gone now and I haven't had the heart to replace him. He was a Bouvier des Flandres. I taught him to speak for treats one day. That evening my husband and I sat down to dinner. We had an oblong table, my husband sat at the head and I sat at the side next to him. The dog took his position at the corner between us. We didn't let him do that when there were guests. As soon as we started eating there was one big enthusiastic bark. It was both hilarious and appauling Fortunately he seemed to understand when he was told no and didn't try that again.

Old 04-24-2021, 11:28 AM

177 posts, read 130,322 times
I have a Westie and when we go for a walk (fast-paced) he actually "skips" along the way. I find it hilarious!

Old 04-24-2021, 11:59 AM

26,656 posts, read 28,659,091 times
Mine is a spaniel mix (part Papillon) and when I take him off his leash and say GO he proceeds to run in perfectly round circles again and again and again and again. No one ever taught him this; he just does it.

Old 04-24-2021, 07:46 PM

4,412 posts, read 4,895,355 times
One of our dogs re-arranges the "dog furniture" throughout the day. If I go into my office she drags her dog bed into the hallway next to the office so she can lay in comfort and stare at me. When I go into the living room she follows me and brings her bed with her.

She likes to sleep in the bathtub so at nap time she puts her bed in there and sleeps on it.

One time her bed was in the washing machine so she pulled laundry out of the hamper and put it into the bathtub to sleep on. I should have been mad because she knows she's not allowed to mess with the clothes but I couldn't help but laugh at her ingenuity.

The first time it happened, I had re-arranged my office to accommodate space for our elderly dog that was not going to be with us much longer. I put the dog bed in the allotted space and showed the old girl where it was. She walked up to it, sniffed it, and then went out into the living room and threw her old bones onto the floor. The other dog came in, grabbed the bed, and took it into her preferred corner and laid down on it. I re-arranged my office for nothing. I had to laugh.

Old 04-24-2021, 08:18 PM

4,536 posts, read 3,753,269 times
First I couldn’t say the word ‘walk’ without an immediate reaction and now I dare not say “take-a-you-know-what’ without Georgy stopping what ever she is doing to look at me. She comes over to me and does an deep soul searching eye stare while attempting a Vulcan mind-meld that will make me do what she wants,. It almost works except it makes me laugh every time.

Old 04-25-2021, 10:02 AM

1,343 posts, read 1,370,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jean_ji View Post
and does an deep soul searching eye stare while attempting a Vulcan mind-meld that will make me do what she wants

This is a great description, and our dog does it, too -- but it is always, ALWAYS about FOOOOOD.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs