Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2022, 07:29 PM

734 posts, read 472,896 times

Advertisements

Our Belgian Malinois loves balls and likes to play fetch. Of course the ball has to be a strong one that she can’t destroy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2022, 12:03 PM
KB4

1,032 posts, read 1,644,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
If you casually pushed or tossed any type of ball, chew, or soft toy in her direction, she'd bolt with a look that seemed to say "you were holding it so it must be yours. I'd never have the audacity to touch your belongings."
Sounds like my dog when we try to feed him. He's still overweight.

Old 12-29-2022, 11:58 AM

32,672 posts, read 48,152,369 times
Seeker isn't interested in toys beyond using them for tug-a-war or keep away. However, he wants them all out and visible on the living room floor. I pick them up and put them in his bed and he gets them all out again and puts them in the middle of the floor and ignores them after that, unless one of the other dogs shows any interest in a game of tug-a-war.

Hartz Mountain makes a squeaky latex ball that all the dogs seem to like and it has survived a lot of rough play. The ones I bought for Pensive when she was a baby 6 years ago are still good. Unfortunately the first one I bought was silent and well loved, so I went down and bought half a dozen of them, only to find out the first one was defective and the balls have a really loud squeaker that never seems to quit. Six years later, the squeakers still work, loudly.

Old 12-29-2022, 03:46 PM

23,356 posts, read 18,956,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
Seeker isn't interested in toys beyond using them for tug-a-war or keep away. However, he wants them all out and visible on the living room floor. I pick them up and put them in his bed and he gets them all out again and puts them in the middle of the floor and ignores them after that, unless one of the other dogs shows any interest in a game of tug-a-war.
Maybe what he's actually been trying to tell you is that he doesn't like sharing his bed with anything. He's wondering why his supposedly intelligent humans don't take the hint

Old 12-29-2022, 08:41 PM

1,484 posts, read 1,381,027 times
Lee’s ,our border collie, favorite is a blue Hol-ee ball. It’s no longer a ball, but he still plays with it. We bought a new one and he doesn’t care for it.

Spud’s, our rough collie, favorite is a purple pig that has a squeaker.

They both like playing with a bacon scented ball and an orange jingle ball. One of them found a baseball outside. We tossed that one.

My sister’s cocker spaniel likes to play with plastic bottles. He’ll catch balls, but he won’t give them back. He’ll run around with it in his mouth

Old 12-30-2022, 09:31 AM

5,016 posts, read 10,710,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by docaji View Post
I think the jolly ball horse toy is good. But the only toys to last in my household is the large Kong and Tuffie level 9. Frisbees, balls [with the exception of the Kong ball], ropes, etc last 2 days max. The boy sure likes to see just what his toys are capable of handling.
What kind of dog?

Old 12-30-2022, 01:18 PM

24,130 posts, read 32,536,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarlaJane View Post
We just celebrated Christmas and my 7 yo GSD received no less than 5 toys from Santa My mom sent him one of those unstuffed plush toys and I immediately knew it would not be a favorite, as it has two squeakers in it but nothing for him to sink his teeth into.

Of the 5 toys, his favorite turned out to be a brown, oblong toy filled with an accordion-type plastic noisemaker that is very loud; it seems to provide just the right amount of tension for his bite as well as stimulation for his ears. He has been playing with it non-stop since yesterday and just bites it over and over and over and over and… well, you get the idea. I gave him a stiffer, purple, nylon toy (with squeakers) which he bit into and discarded almost immediately and two other plush toys (also with squeakers) that he played with for a little bit but that, apparently, are no match for Mr. Brownie.

What is your dog’s favorite toy and why do you think that they prefer that particular toy?
We spent Christmas at a Vrbro loft rental, but I came prepared. I know my Little Girl.

Trixie, my black miniature Dachshund was NOT IMPRESED with her two Christmas toys After a brief perusal of her carefully chosen presents, she found them to be not worthy of play, so she meandered over to my purse in search of scrunches, hairbrushes, and lip balm, and other no-nos, I removed the purse and its potentially dangerous contents and presented them with the Holy Trinity of Toys - Ballie, Bo-Bo, and Squeaks!

Ballie is not an ordinary ball - it's a hard black rubber ball that is very bouncy and bright. When it it's a hard surface, it changes colors and it's difficult to catch, because of what I can only call, its Magically Bouncy Propeties. Basically, it's like a Super Ball that's illuminated. Hey, if I were a dog, I'd be in love with it. If you see this toy, buy it for your doggy. You will not be disappointed. Nor will your dog.

BoBo is a Kong. Our first pup never responded to the word "Kong" so we called it a "Bo-Bo". Henceforth, any Sheena family dog as "called" Kongs, "Bo-Bos". Bo-Bo is a slight bit bouncier than Ballie And there is the food factor, since it can be stuffed with treats.

"Squeaks"? What can I say about Squeaks? "Squeaks" AKA "Puppin" is a Dachshund shaped soft pink corduroy toy, treated so gently by Trixie. This toy, who we think she views as her puppy, lets out a sad, plaintiff squeak when rested upon. She functions as a pillow, because she likes to rest her little head on Puppin' as they nap together. Cutest to us, is to see Trixie carry Squeeks so gently in her mouth, climb her doggy stairs, and arrange her little pillow pup in just the right way, rest her head down on her, emitting a soft, plaintiff squeak.

Old 12-30-2022, 02:25 PM

34,111 posts, read 83,076,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarlaJane View Post
What is your dog’s favorite toy and why do you think that they prefer that particular toy?
The ball that he doesn't have apparently because he likes it that way.

We were at Tractor Supply some while back. He likes to wander the aisles on his own ... he found the dog stuff.
He picked out a Covid Bug, carried it to the cashier, put front paws on the counter ... he plays with it regularly still.

Old 12-30-2022, 08:53 PM

10,337 posts, read 6,881,705 times
Toy? Anything moving that he can chase and catch.

Old 12-31-2022, 06:30 PM

19,826 posts, read 22,729,238 times
Launch bumpers using .22 blanks.

https://www.lcsupply.com/collections...te-nylon-dummy

I can launch a dummy 100 yds with #4 .22 blanks. It's excellent for waterwork.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs