Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 07:42 PM

161 posts, read 384,222 times

Advertisements

Alright, so today I came home to a destroyed house!!! SO I tried to focus on all the really good traits and then started thinking about all the really funny things he has done. Then I thought this would be a great thread (especially since I vented on a previous one I started ). So how about you share you favorite or most hilarious moment ever with you dog!!

So for my favorite and most hilarious experience with my dog....

I was running late for class and in a hurry. Jacoby (my GSD puppy) was sitting on my bed watching me get dressed. I pulled a newly washed pair of jeans and began the 5min struggle of actually getting them on (ladies I'm sure you can relate ). I am almost done and I look over and say to Jacoby, "looks like momma needs to take you on more walks," he then makes this incredibly sarcastic moan, rolls his head back and proceeds to cover his eyes with his paw!!! I nearly cried laughing so hard. It was the cutest, most off the wall thing I had ever seen. It makes me laugh every time I think about it. Ahh see now I can forget about my house being destroyed!

Last edited by vter4ever; 06-11-2008 at 08:22 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2008, 08:09 PM

1,738 posts, read 8,273,639 times
thats very funny!
Cody was obsessed w/ socks and shoes ...not chewing them but putting them in neat little piles in different parts of the house. ...so we taught him to put the socks in the hamper and well we should keep our shoes in a pile, don't u think?

Old 06-11-2008, 08:13 PM

5,715 posts, read 15,041,200 times
I had a Shihtzu who would hide my keys.

I'd be running around frantically looking for them... running late.... and he'd be laying there innocently watching me go back and forth...

Then, something told me to look underneath him on the couch. He was laying on my keys!

creepy dog...

Old 06-11-2008, 11:55 PM

5,094 posts, read 12,582,849 times
Years ago I bought Jazz a large puzzle ball. If you do not know what that is it is a large ball with about 6 holes cut in it and it has a smaller ball inside it that it is really too big to get out through the the holes. Jazz tried for a few minutes then went over picked up a tennis ball and dropped it into the ball via a hole then rolled the ball around until it came out. That is how she has played with it ever since, she never tries to get the ball out as she knows it will not come out but she has put various other balls and toys in it then rolled it around until they come out. It can entertain her for a long time. She will bring a ball for me to throw then fetches it but stops to put it in the puzzle ball then plays with that for a long time before she remembers that I was playing too and brings the ball back to me to throw again.

To any one that still says dogs can not think I say !

Old 06-12-2008, 05:06 AM

68 posts, read 203,537 times
When our yellow lab was just a puppy, we used to gate him in the kitchen by putting one of those 'pressure' gates up between the refrigerator and the counter/cabinets across the room (the kitchen was a small galley type). He was a pure white yellow lab that you could lose in a snowstorm. One day when we returned, we found our adorable little guy right where we left him... behind the gate in the kitchen... looking not so pure white - he was covered in soot from our fireplace. How can that happen when he was safely barricaded behind the gate? He had 'pushed' the gate far enough to 'tilt' it and escape. While he was out he wandered into the fireplace and played with the ashes until he heard us return. I guess he heard the car door slam or something. He was smart enough to know that he was supposed to be behind the gate and so he quickly snuck back behind the gate where he belonged. Too bad he wasn't smart enough to know to get rid of the evidence. LOL.

Old 06-13-2008, 09:59 PM

1,087 posts, read 3,515,537 times
A funny thing my dog does is after he eats, he uses the carpet as his "napkin". He eats dry food, so it's just crumbs, thank goodness. He'll put his face on the floor, butt sticking up in the air, and wipes his cheek, then his other cheek. Then he does a half flip and rolls around on his back.

Old 06-13-2008, 10:34 PM

30,305 posts, read 51,908,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurrah View Post
When our yellow lab was just a puppy, we used to gate him in the kitchen by putting one of those 'pressure' gates up between the refrigerator and the counter/cabinets across the room (the kitchen was a small galley type). He was a pure white yellow lab that you could lose in a snowstorm. One day when we returned, we found our adorable little guy right where we left him... behind the gate in the kitchen... looking not so pure white - he was covered in soot from our fireplace. How can that happen when he was safely barricaded behind the gate? He had 'pushed' the gate far enough to 'tilt' it and escape. While he was out he wandered into the fireplace and played with the ashes until he heard us return. I guess he heard the car door slam or something. He was smart enough to know that he was supposed to be behind the gate and so he quickly snuck back behind the gate where he belonged. Too bad he wasn't smart enough to know to get rid of the evidence. LOL.
Oh, that's too funny! Rudy pushed his way into the garage once, when I had the door propped open a few inches... but then he was too scared to squeeze back through, and got stuck in there for a few hours. He's done so many other funny (and stupid) things, I don't even know where to start! For instance, every time he has an audible fart, he'll jump up & look at his butt like "what was that??" I'm sure I can come up with more stories, so I'll post a few when I think of them.

Old 06-13-2008, 10:36 PM

30,305 posts, read 51,908,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnp View Post
A funny thing my dog does is after he eats, he uses the carpet as his "napkin". He eats dry food, so it's just crumbs, thank goodness. He'll put his face on the floor, butt sticking up in the air, and wipes his cheek, then his other cheek. Then he does a half flip and rolls around on his back.
Rudy does that too - in fact, he's doing it right now! Did you see my thread where I asked what that meant? I'll see if I can dig it up...

Old 06-14-2008, 07:37 AM

1,087 posts, read 3,515,537 times
Quote:
every time he has an audible fart, he'll jump up & look at his butt like "what was that??"
Shiloh does that too. He looks at his butt like "What was that?", and then he looks at me like "What did you just do?" He blames me for his farts, lol!

When I first got him, I had another dog, a full-blooded Collie named Lassie. Shiloh is a Collie mix. Shiloh is a copycat. He used to copy her, and now he copies me. One day we were standing by the window looking out. I was in the middle, with one dog on each side of me. Lassie burped. Then Shiloh burped. Lassie farted, then Shiloh farted. Dueling farts. Lovely.

One of the funniest copycat things Shiloh did was also one of the most gross things I've seen, but it was so funny at the timie.

Lassie was a poop eater. I got Shiloh from the shelter when he was about 10 months old, and he didn't know how to do much of anything. Didn't even know what a toy was. So he learned by copying. One day we were all out in the yard and I had not gotten around to scooping the yard yet that day. Lassie went straight for a pile of poop. Shiloh was watching her. He had never eaten poop before. Before I could stop him, he ran to the nearest pile. It was soft. You know what's coming next, don't you?

Unlike Lassie, who at it "gracefully", Shiloh smooshed his entire face in it. I yelled, and he looked up at me with poop dripping from every part of his face. He had the goofiest grin on his face and looked so proud of himself for learning something new. That look on his face was so funny, I couldn't help but laugh. He's a long haired dog. Cleanup wasn't so funny. Luckily he turned out not to be a poop eater after that incident.

Quote:
Did you see my thread where I asked what that meant? I'll see if I can dig it up...
No, I didn't see it. I have read that it means they're satisfied. When Shiloh gets an extra special meal of his favorite food, he'll do the same thing but he'll also make a "wawawa" noise and scratch at the carpet while he's rolling. I love to watch him do this, but I kind of have to watch out of the corner of my eye. If he sees me looking, he'll suddenly stop and jump up and look at me like "What? I wasn't doing anything!"

Old 06-14-2008, 04:57 PM

13,768 posts, read 38,181,103 times
One of my dogs will cover up poop if he has an accident in the house. One time he was in the garage and when I went out there he had covered it up with a dried leaf that was in the garage, another time it was a blanket I put down for the dogs to lay on.
When my LH would walk him, if he hadn't done his business by the time they got back close to our house, he would tell him to poop (not exactly that word) and he would right on command
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs