Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2008, 03:40 PM

39 posts, read 176,500 times

Advertisements

My good natured Chi-Terrier mix has suddenly been acting very strange. She is shaking, like a trembling. She usually sleeps in the bed, under the covers, between my husband and I, but last night she wouldn't. Kept returning to a spot on the sofa, to lay and tremble. She seems to be in some sort of distress. She's always been sort of a drama queen, but I just know there is something wrong.
Its the weekend, and I would consider taking her to the vet, but they aren't open. I'm just sort of watching her. Other then the shaking, and not wanting to be held, or cuddled she looks alright. She's eating and drinking. She just seems to want to be alone.
Also, a week ago the CAT was sick. Took him to the vet and he had 106 fever, was put on antibiotics and seems alot better. Is there an infection that can be passed between the two do you think?
I'm not rich, and I hate to drop another 500 bucks if its just something that will pass. Of course, if it continues I will take Precious in. She's like one of my kids. Do you think this "wait and see" attitude could be dangerous, or do you think it's appropriate?
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2008, 03:45 PM

3,507 posts, read 13,461,066 times
Take her in as soon as possible even if it's an emergency veterinary clinic. She could be having some seizures, but can also have some type of bug that is making her shake. I wouldn't waste time, my dog is like my child as well and I'd mortgage my house to save her. Good luck

Old 06-22-2008, 04:03 PM

13,768 posts, read 38,219,720 times
Can you call your vet? I totally understand how you feel about not wanting to spend $$ and find out it is nothing, but not wanting to wait if it is serious.
Has anything changed in your household that might cause stress? How old is she? Does she seem to be in pain?

Old 06-22-2008, 05:19 PM

7,079 posts, read 37,954,032 times
It sounds as if she's in some kind of pain. I doubt that she got anything from your cat, but she absolutely should be seen by a vet. Hope she's doing better soon.

Old 06-22-2008, 08:58 PM

39 posts, read 176,500 times
She's only about a year and a half.
If she's not acting herself by tomorrow, I'm going to take her in

Old 06-22-2008, 09:07 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,860,868 times
Bacteria can be spread from one species to another, i.e., cat to dog to human. Not all of them, of course, but some. When I got pneumonia, my first symptom was to awaken from a sound nap shaking like a leaf. My hands were shaking so badly I could hardly dial 911. I believe I was told it was a reaction to the sudden onslaught of the disease. I had no fever (I checked at home first), no headache, no pain, just very bad shaking. Hope your fur-baby is OK. If there is a pet ER, I'd take her in tonight.

Old 06-23-2008, 12:25 PM

265 posts, read 1,293,088 times
JessicaK--hope everything turned out OK. Be sure to keep us posted!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs