Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 05:41 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,344,316 times

Advertisements

Yep, just plain jealous.

I see all the cute and loving dog pictures.

When we try to take pictures of Bear and Angel they act like we are trying to kill them.

Angel drops to the ground and Bear gets "little".

I have NO idea why.

Twice we have tried to get professional pictures....no way!!!!

The only way to get any picture of them is to have someone distract them. So they are not looking at the camera.

The picture on my profile is one where they were tired from swimming, I took the picture and hubby distracted them.

DOGS!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2010, 06:15 PM

9,352 posts, read 20,030,698 times
i have the same problem with bailey .... probably my own fault .... i think i blinded her with the flash getting a closeup of her face once when she was still pretty young.....

now, if she sees the camera in my hand, she IMMEDIATELY heads off as far as she can get in the opposite direction.... i have LOTS of butt shots of her from the last few years.... and yes, she CAN tell the difference between the camera and oh say, a phone or tv remote.... my picture folders look like dave is the favorite kid.... but thats just because he doesn't mind having his picture taken.....

i have had to resort to having friends take stealth shots of her when we are out and about.....

Old 08-16-2010, 06:48 PM

1,201 posts, read 4,540,923 times
I use to take pictures of Buster ALL the time when he was a baby so he got use to it real quick. I got a Blackberry and he started HATING that camera which I don't get because normally I use my Canon which is huge lol

Bella on the other hand was terrified of having her picture taken when I got her. She would turn her head from the flash and try to get away. She will pose her butt off to the camera phone though.

Dogs!

Old 08-17-2010, 12:20 AM

5,094 posts, read 12,588,711 times
My friend's late border collie Bailey always looked like they had beaten her before they took a photo of her, yet I have taken many great photos of her. When she sees a camera she seems to want to just disappear and flattens her ears against her head and yes looks like a beaten dog...hummm maybe she was a wanted criminal in a previous life?

I loved playing with her so when I wanted to take photos of her I would first get her playing fetch and all excited then she tended not to notice the camera so much and her ears would be up and she would look happy . here is a photo I took of her. My friend was so jealous of all the great photos I had of her dog as all she had were the beaten looking ones! yes over the years I have given her most of the photos I took so she too has nice photos to look at when she wants to remember a great dog.

some dogs just seem uncomfortable around cameras, A dog I walked at best friends totally freaked if you brought out a camera..go figure!

Old 08-17-2010, 07:39 AM

4,604 posts, read 5,777,111 times
That is a great picture Dash!! Beautiful BC

Old 08-17-2010, 08:29 AM

5,026 posts, read 15,289,798 times
Mine turn into hams the second the camera comes out and they both pose! I'm so glad I don't have that problem, since I'm very much into photography and I'd be very sad if they didn't cooperate! My friend also claimed he can't take pictures of his boxer, ever. All his shots were blurry, out of focus and with the dog running away. I had no problem getting a ton of great action and still shots for him and she wasn't difficult in the least! Here's one of them.

Old 08-17-2010, 08:38 AM

1,272 posts, read 2,373,263 times
Dash your shot of Bailey is beautiful. But Mak the boxer is great, it captures his
boxerness (?) perfectly.
Likewise taking pics of my Molly is difficult as she rushes the camera whenever it's pointed her way. So I get alot of pics of her nose blurred. LOL when that line of dog products which showed close up faces came out I thought "dang that's my dog!".
So to get pics I need to be stealthy.

Old 08-17-2010, 09:51 AM

3,849 posts, read 9,423,988 times
Beesley looooooooves the camera

Let's not forget the head tilt

Old 08-17-2010, 10:20 AM

1,457 posts, read 4,055,140 times
My boy cringes at the camera. I can get some ok shots, but he usually looks pathetic in them. Last year we went to the shelter so me and my hubby could be in the pic too, and he (the dog) was just as uncooperative. My first dog was the only one so far that was photogenic.

Old 08-17-2010, 11:08 AM

19,855 posts, read 65,829,411 times
Beesley looks sooo danged cute!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs