U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 10:43 PM

692 posts, read 3,746,807 times

Advertisements

We've taken him in the pool, but in a harness and leash. He didn't fit the life vest so he didn't get in without us. Lol he didn't want to.

After I got done with the yard work yesterday I changed and hopped in the pool. Buster, Mahalo, and Duncan were eating dinner and Teddie was inside the house watching me from the window.

Since Britches was the only one out he was very interested in following me around the pool as I swam. So I started playing with the water pump that puts more water in the pool. Not to long after he couldn't stand it any more from outside so he went to the steps and put one paw in.. then the other and then just jumped in. It was so surprising so we just swam around and had fun. I redirected him to the stairs and let him out to take a break. Soon after he came back for more and then another time.

I went and grabbed the camera so I could get some pictures! My boy can swim with out my help!

Back over to the stairs he goes.

Once we were out he couldn't figure out if he wanted to get back in or not.. He will only get in if the water is turned on. Which is a good thing because it keeps him from getting in all the time.

My wet soppy mess of a boy

** I'll might be adding a video later**
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2008, 10:50 PM

8,200 posts, read 34,107,220 times
I don't know how he does it, but he gets cuter and cuter !

Old 07-25-2008, 10:51 PM

1,294 posts, read 3,990,941 times
Seeing new pictures of this cute guy always makes my day!

Last edited by mikenbacismama; 07-25-2008 at 11:07 PM..

Old 07-25-2008, 10:55 PM

Hehe I meant to say THANK YOU FOR LOOKING!!!

Old 07-25-2008, 11:00 PM

298 posts, read 667,216 times
I always check this thread hoping to see more Britches pics. He is so adorable. Please keep and love him forever and keep posting his pics. He is a glowing bright spot in a tough old world for many of us. You are giving him a wonderful life and bringing more joy than you know to others by sharing his world with us.

Old 07-25-2008, 11:17 PM

I'm glad so many people enjoy seeing his pictures. Believe me if I really could keep him and knew I could afford to keep up with vet care etc for another dog I would. He is going to be by far the hardest to let go of I'll probably cry a lot when he does go. He's been her 3 1/2 months and I LOVE him so much. I know once that right home comes up, he'll do great. I have turned down about 10 people for him so it's not just any home. It's got to be that PERFECT home. We're not in a rush so we'll take however long it takes to find him a good home.

ETS: I posted these on my Pit forum. My key board has been broken so it's skipped letters even some words....well the title came out "B*tches In The Pool". I thought that might give you guys a good laugh. It left me blushing lol.

Old 07-25-2008, 11:20 PM

8,062 posts, read 17,250,774 times
Great pics! Seeing him enjoying the water made me smile! And, man, that pool looks inviting! Have you seen the forecast temps for next week here in Texas? Sigh....keep your swimsuit handy!

Old 07-26-2008, 07:18 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,253,902 times
Oh you have created a water monster! My 1 Aussie has taken over the pool, doesnt matter if you are in or out, he is in. We did teach him to use the stairs and he has taught himself to use the diving board. I'm not talkin just jump off I mean he DIVES, straight out, head down and paws pointed!!! My daughter started it and regrets it, she gets in and he has to get in to rescue her, grabs her suit and tries to drag her to the stairs. No drowning around my place....

Old 07-26-2008, 07:20 AM

2,735 posts, read 6,409,437 times
Oh my gosh, he is adorable!

My husband had a beagle when he was growing up and when "Strifen" would get in trouble for something, he'd jump in the pool and swim around in the middle till everyone started to laugh then he'd get out...smart dog!

Old 07-26-2008, 10:09 AM

2,588 posts, read 5,226,771 times
He is adorable, indeed! What kind of a dog is he? He certainly doesn't look like the kind that usually likes to swim. My boxer likes to play in streams, but I'm not sure he'd swim by choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs