Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 08:33 AM

29,391 posts, read 55,614,054 times

Advertisements

ABC News

Old 07-30-2008, 08:46 AM

5,979 posts, read 19,902,939 times
Stupid parents! So where were they at the first nip of a puppy? The poor kid has been screaming it's head off with no one coming to it?

Old 07-30-2008, 09:24 AM

7,599 posts, read 18,413,637 times
Tragic. Stupid parents need to do hard time for that. I dont like "mauled to death" either the puppy was doing what they do when *responsible* parents would have corrected the situation. Again, I hope they do hard time.

Old 07-30-2008, 10:52 AM

4,334 posts, read 13,664,563 times
Default Animal Activist!

Again.....The Owners Fault! Who would leave a baby unattended? Sounds like the puppy was abused or not trained! Did not watch the video....I heard enough already! I am sure there is more to the story than what is being told! There always is!

Old 07-30-2008, 10:53 AM

4,334 posts, read 13,664,563 times
Next thing I am sure we will here is that the puppy is a pitbull or pitbull mix! UGH! So what lesson is to be learned by this? Will the parents learn anything? No....the poor pup will most likely be eithenized if it has not been already....for what? Human irresponsibility!

Old 07-30-2008, 12:06 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,177,901 times
Euthanizing is a good idea, given that the puppy has now had a taste of human flesh.

Old 07-30-2008, 12:31 PM

36,539 posts, read 30,885,552 times
What I read was a black lab and it was euthanized.

Old 07-30-2008, 12:50 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,350,894 times
**Edited to remove my really dumb, irrational comment!**

when will people get it: DO NOT LEAVE YOUR CHILD ALONE W/ ANY DOG, REGARDLESS OF THE BREED!! regardless of the breed, regardless of the age of the animal, regardless of the species, don't leave kids, especially babies unattended in a room w/ an unrestrained animal!! here have been tons of stories of dogs that weren't pit bulls attacking and often killing young children: the Pomeranian that killed one baby a few years ago, a dachshund that rip out the genitals of a baby boy in IL, a husky that killed another child, etc. people get this dumb idea that their precious poodle/pom/chihuahua/golden could never hurt a fly, and leave their kids alone w/ them, then are shocked when their precious pups bites their kid!

these stories always disturb me (where the heck were the parents!?) but the thing that bugs me the most about this particular story is the age of the puppy. it was, according to the news, 6 weeks old. too young to have been away from its mother in the first place! makes me shudder to think about the temperaments of the other puppies from that litter...

Last edited by eevee; 07-30-2008 at 01:51 PM..

Old 07-30-2008, 01:04 PM

5,981 posts, read 18,275,975 times
Evee, I understood Blondie to say very sarcastically that the news would respond to this as an APBT or mix...am I incorrect? The media has a tendency to turn anything with four legs into an APBT if there is any type of incident...unless, of course, the incident is good, then it's just forgotten!

As for euthanizing because the dog had a taste of human flesh???? Where in the world do these things come from? That's like saying my dogs that eat marrow bones will attack a cow. It's a puppy - and again, the humans screwed up.

<<<<Shakes head>>>> When WILL people ever learn? My opinion? There's WAY more to this story...we will find that the parents were 3 blocks away when it all comes out in the wash.

Old 07-30-2008, 01:27 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,350,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam I Am View Post
Evee, I understood Blondie to say very sarcastically that the news would respond to this as an APBT or mix...am I incorrect? The media has a tendency to turn anything with four legs into an APBT if there is any type of incident...unless, of course, the incident is good, then it's just forgotten!

As for euthanizing because the dog had a taste of human flesh???? Where in the world do these things come from? That's like saying my dogs that eat marrow bones will attack a cow. It's a puppy - and again, the humans screwed up.

<<<<Shakes head>>>> When WILL people ever learn? My opinion? There's WAY more to this story...we will find that the parents were 3 blocks away when it all comes out in the wash.

SORRY, overreacted to that! blah, cold medicines make it hard to discern sarcasm on forum boards (that should be listed as a side effect on the bottle!). yeah, see it now, sorry blondie! *hangs head in shame*. I edited out the comment

as a side note, does it seems like to anyone else the number of attacks (both reported on the media and mentioned here on the boards and in passing at other places like dog parks) by labs and goldens seem to be on the rise? I know these breeds are overbred, but it feels like it's getting worse, seems like there are more DA and HA retrievers out there. or are they just being brought out into the light now that people have criticise the misrepresentation of pit attacks in the media?

Last edited by eevee; 07-30-2008 at 01:52 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs