Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 08:03 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,036,872 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

I wanted to get some additional input about what breed(s) of dog I have. I know that he's a mix. I know that he's part Corgi (he has short legs), but what is mixed with the Corgi is up for debate.

Someone said that he's Corgi/Pitbull, someone else said that he's Corgi/Lab, someone else said that he has some Beagle in him. Nobody, of course, knows for sure (except his parents! ) and I don't want to do a DNA test thing... I'm just curious. So, what do you think?

(Not all the photos show this, but his legs are pretty short. He also has a good size chest, but I don't know if that's indicative of any breed... just thought I'd mention it. His chest isn't so much wide as it is deep.)

He's 4 years old in these pictures and weighs 35 pounds. Oh, and he's strong -- all muscle, this little man is!

Photos are attached. I hope the attachment thing works... I've never done it before... wish me luck.

Your thoughts are appreciated...

Does anyone know what type of dog this is?-artie-fartie.jpg

Does anyone know what type of dog this is?-daddy-bought-me-bagel.jpg

Does anyone know what type of dog this is?-you-talking-me.jpg

Does anyone know what type of dog this is?-niko6.jpg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2008, 08:58 AM

1,363 posts, read 5,928,562 times
The face looks like a Lab to me.

Old 11-07-2008, 09:00 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,139,020 times
That dog looks like a little bit of everything to me. If I had to guess and put money on it, I'd say a lab-beagle mix. But frankly, it's anyone's guess.

20yrsinBranson

Old 11-07-2008, 10:13 AM

5,715 posts, read 15,046,738 times
He's a mix and adorable, at that...

Congratulations on your new dog!

Old 11-07-2008, 10:47 AM

Regarese -- another point for Lab!

20yrsinBranson -- ahhh! Another point for Beagle too. Do you think he has any Corgi in him, or do you think his short legs are the Beagle side of him?

World Citizen -- thanks! We've had him since May 2007 (he was a rescue) and he just turned the big 5 years old. He's been a handful, but he's getting so much better behavior-wise. I refer to him as my Handsome Devil -- both apply equally -- but his real name is Artie. I've just started getting curious what he's a mix of (I assumed part Corgi because of his legs, but now I'm wondering if the short legs are a Beagle trait) but it really doesn't matter -- he's my lovebug whatever he's "made of."

Old 11-07-2008, 01:04 PM

400 posts, read 1,238,511 times
Some friends had a Shiba Inu, looked kind of like your guy but smaller, maybe that's the Corgi??

Old 11-07-2008, 01:08 PM

1,179 posts, read 8,710,944 times
He might be a mix of several breeds. Maybe Corgi and spitz breed, maybe lab, beagle I could see either of those too. Its so hard to say but I think Corgie and Cute is best.

Old 11-07-2008, 01:32 PM

SD snowbird -- ahhh! Maybe you're onto something! Another breed to consider in the mix that is my lovebug!

APBT_Samara -- I had to Google "spitz"... adorable!!!! I love your theory of "Corgi and Cute" though! I'd tell him but he already has quite the ego. You don't see any Pitbull in him, do you? I'm asking because we had a trainer in who said he thought he was a Corgi/Pitbull mix -- I thought he was nuts because I saw no Pitty in my guy.

Old 11-07-2008, 03:30 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,835,634 times
I have a pittie and I don't see any in him. The eyes look like their're set wrong for a pit and not far enough apart. His cheecks aren't big enough, either. I'd go with lab mix!

Old 11-07-2008, 03:45 PM

8,309 posts, read 38,782,175 times
The lab is unmistakeable, but I definitely see some pit in there as well. The "bow" of his front legs, the blaze on his chest, the more powerful jaw than a pure lab, the augmented cranial muscles, the appearance of a square chin and the dangle of his ears all seem to be good pit indication to me. Handsome dog. I'll bet he's a lot of fun.

EDIT: Although in the last picture he looks like a Jindo...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs