U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2008, 05:00 AM

1,422 posts, read 3,314,178 times

Advertisements

ok well i have a 15 year old mix male dog not spayed. he's been fine up until 5 months ago.notice he was peeing and blood in urine. he's very fluffy and normally weights about 50lbs. well when i took him to vet he weighed about 23 lbs. i never notice cause his fur and plus he' always eating. so they ran a series of blood work and game antibiotic for uti. he also has a tumor on his testicle which he does not think was anything. at first he thought diabetes. well blood work came back fine. after hundreds of dollars on images.nothing. i noticed him acting a little more aggresive than normal lateley and now he's constantly peeing all over with clumps of blood. i am completley broke due to unemployment. he's skinny but still eats and he just looks so unhappy and he drags his back legs when on tile floor. its like they fall out from behind him. at this point im looking at getting him put to sleep. i've had him for 15 years and im heartbroken as i dont know what to do. my vet is away this week too.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2008, 05:22 AM

543 posts, read 2,287,076 times
Male dogs are neutered and not spayed.

At this point, you seriously need to get him in to see a VET. Visible blood in urination is not a healthy sign and could be a sign of something serious.

If your dog is showing aggression, it could be because he is in ALOT of pain.

Old 12-18-2008, 06:16 AM

10,090 posts, read 40,738,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usc_gal98 View Post
Male dogs are neutered and not spayed.

At this point, you seriously need to get him in to see a VET. Visible blood in urination is not a healthy sign and could be a sign of something serious.

If your dog is showing aggression, it could be because he is in ALOT of pain.
Exactly....find another vet pronto who can see him immeadiately. His aggression is most likely due to the fact he is not feeling well and could be in pain. He is sending you loud and serious signals! He needs to be seen by a vet.

Old 12-18-2008, 01:09 PM

2,807 posts, read 7,239,604 times
Some vets can work with you on payments...I know things are so tough right now economically, it has put many people in the position of choosing between their human and animal children, so sad and so difficult. But this dog definitely needs medical attention if there is blood in his urine and he is aggressive when he wasnt that way before. 15 is pretty old for a dog, I would get a doctor to look at him and try to determine whether the dog will recover from the pain he is in...if not, it may be kinder to let him cross the rainbow bridge. My heart goes out to you...and my prayers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs