Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2008, 06:53 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,519,419 times

Advertisements

I posted here a few weeks ago that we just added CoCo to our furbaby family of now 4. We are going to Ca on the 24th and will board all 4 at our normal place. We have always boarded them together but CoCo has to go into the puppy room because she doesn't have her last shot. My concern is not that she is not going to get attention because I know she will. They have a lot of playtime. My concern is that she is finally almost housebroken and I don't want to have to start all over again. I also cannot tell them to take her out 8 times a day and then give her a treat everytime she goes to the bathroom. They are great but that is asking way to much. Any sugestions?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2008, 06:57 PM

I forgot to add that we board them at their vets so if any problems arise someone is always on call.

Old 12-19-2008, 05:27 AM

4,231 posts, read 15,418,446 times
Would one of the vet techs or receptionist be able to board her in their home? That may work out but of course it would depend on their hours, if they work fulltime, she likely will be better at the kennel. I think you're lucky the kennel will board her, given her young age, a lot of them won't take puppies at all. Wherever she is, she'll probably regress a little as far as housetraining but once she's home and in her own routine, she'll get back up to par and will continue to make progress, just keep those treats coming <G>.

Old 12-19-2008, 06:17 AM

5,324 posts, read 18,262,276 times
You might just have to review a few steps in regards to potty training with her upon your return.

Old 12-19-2008, 06:17 AM

3,722 posts, read 4,307,580 times
It's kind of late to be looking for alternative boarding and not sure you will get what you want at this point, but see if you can find a sitter who will look after your pup in their home. From what I see home boarding is not as popular in the US as it is over here.

Old 12-19-2008, 10:48 AM

Thank you all for your suggestions. The tech is out since she does work and Coco will be in a place filled with techs and vets.

I really do not want to have a stranger in my house for several days..My friends are also all going away so I guess the housebreaking starts a new the 1st of the year.

The other three will have a grand time without CoCo.lol I will miss all of them but dearly need to see our grandkids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs