Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 06:53 PM

2,807 posts, read 7,558,925 times

Advertisements

As some of you know I have been fostering an adorable JRT/CHI puppy named Guinness, and was planning to let a good friend adopt him once he got a little bigger since she has a very large and playful GS pup...Unfortunately, she has decided to back out due to the fact that her pup accidentally harmed one of her other dogs, Buddy (who is about 10x the size as Guinness). My friend is also a vet tech at the animal emergency center and explained that there are just too many cases of little dogs and head trauma due to playful romps with larger breeds for her to feel comfortable with it. The thing is...I am relieved about this decision, as I was not 100% comfortable myself and was stressing about having to tell her this and risk offending her. So its back to the drawing board, I am hoping my uncle will adopt him, as he was already thinking about getting a 2nd dog so his Westie would have a buddy to hang out with, (also a previous foster, so I know for a fact he is a very gentle, sweet, SUPER smart little dog! My uncle used to be a vet tech before he started working for corporate America, so he is also very knowledgable and responsible...not to mention a heck of a nice guy!) Lets keep our fingers crossed...!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2009, 10:10 PM

4,334 posts, read 13,629,535 times
Good luck...hope the little guy can go to this new home with your uncle. Sounds like it would be perfect for him!

Old 01-10-2009, 10:13 PM
miu

17,764 posts, read 40,045,046 times
I hope things work out with your uncle adopting Guinness. My newest lab mix is such a sweet dog and shows a gentle interest in my puppies, but he doesn't know his own strength. So I never let the puppies go unattended around him. The other night, Bandit was sitting next to me with his head resting on my shoulder. At one point, he moved his head and his chin was briefly on top of my face... I was thinking that if I were incapacitated or passed out, he could have smothered me. So it's good that your friend realized that her GSD puppy could be a problem for Guinness ahead of time.

Old 01-11-2009, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
I hope things work out with your uncle adopting Guinness. My newest lab mix is such a sweet dog and shows a gentle interest in my puppies, but he doesn't know his own strength. So I never let the puppies go unattended around him. The other night, Bandit was sitting next to me with his head resting on my shoulder. At one point, he moved his head and his chin was briefly on top of my face... I was thinking that if I were incapacitated or passed out, he could have smothered me. So it's good that your friend realized that her GSD puppy could be a problem for Guinness ahead of time.
LOL! The GSD puppy (luna) doesnt know her own strength, either and doesnt understand why she cant be on everyones lap! (Pretty comical to see a big ole dog with both front & back ends protruding and only the center of its belly on the actual lap!) Its good you are so vigilant with the little ones...they must be adorable! Any chance of a pic?

Old 01-11-2009, 09:26 PM

4,231 posts, read 15,379,155 times
When one door closes, another opens. I hope it all works out.

Old 01-12-2009, 11:26 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,400,765 times
Maybe you'll post more pictures....

Old 01-13-2009, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof Woof Woof! View Post
Maybe you'll post more pictures....
Oh...twist my arm!

Just took this one about 5 minutes ago...he really is more adorable by the day!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Back to the Drawing Board...-img_0197.jpg  

Old 01-13-2009, 01:46 AM

He had some fun with H2 right after I posted the last pic, and I couldn't resist...these are before, during, and after playtime, in that order!
Attached Thumbnails
Back to the Drawing Board...-img_0230.jpg   Back to the Drawing Board...-img_0233.jpg   Back to the Drawing Board...-img_0240.jpg  

Old 01-13-2009, 05:02 AM

1,106 posts, read 2,946,350 times
Awwww how adorable !!

Old 01-13-2009, 12:44 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,400,765 times
I can't stand it. He is so cute. Gosh I wish I could come over and play with him so bad!

(I don't even know why I keep hanging out on this forum now that I am w/o child.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs