Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2009, 06:02 PM

1 posts, read 4,791 times

Advertisements

Hi I have a 3 month old miniature pinscher male. I bred the litter (AKC reg) and I kept the pick of thelitter. Now I need him cropped. A friend used to do this and he passed away. I know the complete after care and done it many time. But! I never knew how High the price is $300+ Med....I'm retired and showed dogs all breed for AKC. Is there any type of contact in So California-San Bernardino area or nearby. I'll pay payments but for $400?????Please let me know. [mod] deleted email address/advertising [/mod]. Thank thank you

Last edited by leorah; 05-10-2009 at 04:41 PM.. Reason: Please use DM for personal communication
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2009, 09:08 AM

5,245 posts, read 16,423,539 times
My first question is why are you doing it? It's not a health related procedure, it's strictly cosmetic. Are you planning on going back in the ring and showing the dog? If not, it's totally not needed and a very painful procedure to have done just for your own personal desire.

JMO

Old 05-10-2009, 11:19 AM

1,116 posts, read 1,132,127 times
I agree with the above poster. Unless you are showing the dog, why put it through the pain of surgery. And also, this is surgery, don't take short cuts with your dogs health.

Old 05-10-2009, 04:13 PM

13,926 posts, read 39,279,249 times
AKC Ruled in 1990 that Cropping for Show is not nessary!! I had non-cropped min pins whos ears stood straight up as adults.

Old 05-10-2009, 06:49 PM

156 posts, read 318,402 times
I think that cropping is cruel! I don't think that you should crop any dogs ears! BOO TO YOU!!

Old 05-10-2009, 07:01 PM

4,231 posts, read 15,418,446 times
Personally, I wouldn't bother but if you're determined, surely you have connections from your show days - what about your local Minature Pinscher Club or the Miniature Pinscher Club of America - ? - would start there and get referrals. No clue about prices but if it's been a while since you've shown, things have a way of changing w/ the times and prices have gone up etc - to get it done cheaper by someone inexperienced might result in a very bad job.

Old 05-10-2009, 07:16 PM

18,383 posts, read 19,008,619 times
don't crop his ears

Old 05-10-2009, 08:35 PM

68 posts, read 220,956 times
OMG............BREEDING AND CROPPING ???? Do you not keep up with the latest in animal news. WE ARE OVERPOPULATED HORRIBLY.......all the shelters are begging for help......the animals are being euthanized or put in the gas chambers daily for lack of homes.......what is wrong with you. And cropping is disgusting. To put a poor animal through all that pain for WHAT ???? So they can look like YOU want them to look. Nothing more than LEGAL animal cruelty. Please STOP breeding and cropping if you TRULY LOVE AND CARE for these creatures that HAVE NO CHOICE.

Old 05-10-2009, 10:02 PM

4,334 posts, read 13,657,508 times
I have to agree with all of the above. Save your dog from pain and a ridiculous waste of money and donate the 3 or 400 bucks to a local shelter or rescue group who can use the money for an animal who truly needs a surgery to survive. There are so many in dire need but the money is just not there.

Old 05-10-2009, 11:48 PM

2,807 posts, read 7,582,606 times
We had a dog come in whose owner decided to take the cheap crop route...awful. Blood everywhere, and the poor dog was terrified of everything. Needless to say, the vet. on duty was none too thrilled with the owner and told him as much...if you are going to mutilate your dog, at least have the decency to shell out the money to have it done by a real doctor in a sterile environment! $400 is not a high price for a surgery. Think about how much money humans spend on nose & boob jobs...same category...UNNECESSARY unless you have broken your nose & can not breathe properly, or have had breast cancer & require reconstructive surgery. How would you like it if someone wanted to cut part of your ears off, just so you could fit in to his or her stereotypical aesthetic preference...and was shopping for the lowest bidder, to boot...unconscionable!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs