Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 07:54 PM

1,817 posts, read 4,937,124 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggiekate View Post
My dog has had this, when I had 2 dogs all was ok! she is almost 8, and when I do leave her, or she
comes in the car, it is bark, and bark, non stop. She gets the radio on, and a busy bone, I also did try
the meds did not work. Now she is as sweet as sweet may be! I guess, why, I am here! I did get a dog with mega anxiety. she also loves the crate, and does go to it, but, barks if i am gone!
My guy does not 'love' the crate, but he is starting to tolerate it a bit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2009, 08:09 PM

4,948 posts, read 18,725,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skipcromer View Post
Well, its been a rough couple of days for me and Luka. Luka has been sick and has had diarrhea the past couple days. Three times I have either come home (or worken up to) Luka having gone #2 in his cage and getting it all over him. Today, I came to check on him during my lunch break to find it happened again. I had to have somebody cover one of my classes (i am a tennis instructor) while I cleaned up the Crate as well as Luka. My vet told me it is most likely from the transition to the new food I am giving him (Iams Pro Health). This makes sense to me as I may have been not making the switch gradually enough.

So, the vet recommended I go 24 Hours without feeding Luka (which will be tomorrow morning). After 24 hours, feed him a small amount of chicken breast and rice. Also, put a little bit of chicken broth in his water in order to make him want to drink more.

Do these sound like good suggestions to you? My vet seems like a stand up guy and seems to know what he is talking about. I guess what i am asking is has anybody else fed their dog Chicken and Rice?

My other question is (i forgot to ask the vet) how much should I feed luka tomorrow? I would imagine not too much but was wondering if anybody had a recommendation. Luka weighs about 35 lbs but is about 5 lbs underweight.

Thanks again everybody!
my dog, and the next door dog same! We got the baby kaopectate-cherry flavor-used the tiny cup, or teaspoon, and
added yogurt, so the dog would eat. even did add cottage cheese for day 1
and 2. that was so the dog would take the ko! then after day one, got the
rice in the bag, did boil it, and got baby food, and pm the dog did get that.
Hamburg, and chicken also works. I just did the ko, with plain yogurt, and added cottage chesse for the meds. babyfood, and the rice later in the pm.
Vets do say bland food, and rice, and baby food works well, as hamburg,
boil it strain away the fat, and add the rice, and warm it up. Chicken and rice works well also. Just do tiny portions! Pepto also vets do say is ok, however, ask your vet first, my old vet did say it was ok, and pumkin was ok, not the pie filler, but the other was, the tummy is empty. I got the chicken and rice baby food at the store, did the boil and rice in the bag, when that was hot, did open the baby food and did ad the rice, not alot, and a small part of cottage cheese for flavor. It also did cool down the rice I did boil. I do think we did this for around 5 days, then small amounts of dog food, with rice,
either baby food, chicken, or hamburg! It did cure these 2, one dog 15 lbs, the other, 12 lbs. however, my dog will eat most foods, but the ko needed added flavor, as the dog next door, and cheese is also good.

Last edited by maggiekate; 06-17-2009 at 08:29 PM..

Old 06-17-2009, 08:56 PM

4,948 posts, read 18,725,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skipcromer View Post
My guy does not 'love' the crate, but he is starting to tolerate it a bit.
I have a bad idea, sweet pea, is at peace, and worn out, I may say, now it is cool, no rain lets go walking!
Mean, right! Well it is not even 11:00 p.m. OK no! I have no clue to her
anxiety, and never will? Now sleeping as the princess with the pea? On the rug.

Old 06-17-2009, 10:20 PM

8,309 posts, read 38,841,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maggiekate View Post
I have a bad idea, sweet pea, is at peace, and worn out, I may say, now it is cool, no rain lets go walking!
Mean, right! Well it is not even 11:00 p.m. OK no! I have no clue to her
anxiety, and never will? Now sleeping as the princess with the pea? On the rug.
This reminds me of E.E. Cummings prose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs