Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2009, 02:50 PM

5,245 posts, read 16,429,742 times

Advertisements

So, on my transport this week, I went to Jessamine to pull the first set of shelter dogs. Walking in the back to get kennels I walked past a kennel that had the cutest little black / tan long haired chi I've ever seen. She ran to the front of the kennel, stood up and put her tiny little paws on the door, her little chi butt all wiggle. OMG, she was the cutest!! I asked Jenise (the shelter manager and a good friend of mine) about her thinking I could easily find a rescue that would take her. Last resort I would. Jenise said someone had taken home an application already. Ok, so I move along. But as I walk back and forth, getting kennels and then pulling dogs, I keep petting her and I'm falling in love.

Jenise stops by the kennel with me and asks if I was interested in her for the rescue, the transport or for me. I told her for me and she said go ahead and take her. She sent the application home with the lady on Tuesday and she's not heard back, so her loss. I told her no, if she can get a good home and be spoiled, that's best. So we continue loading and John and I hit the road.

Get the transport done, head back the next day and I call Jenise to let her know I'll be dropping the kennels, but it's going to be after hours; where would she like them? She says Anna will be there to feed and medicate the dogs so she can take them in. I ask if she'd heard back from the lady about the chi yet and she said she got the app back, but it was terrible. Said she doesn't vet or spay / neuter and her pets are constantly having babies. She wouldn't adopt goldfish crackers to them. And asks if I'm still interested.

Uh, heck yeh!! So I drop kennels and go in to get her and she's even sweeter than I remembered. She's the most outgoing little thing, loves everyone!! I've had her with me - traveling, sleeping, walking - since then. I had to come to work today and almost cried when I had to leave her. Was this tempted (_) to sneak her to work with me!! LOL!!

Anyway, this is her. I named her Munchkin, but call her Munchi!!

Pictures aren't that great. I kept waking her up to take her pic. I'll get more tonight though!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2009, 02:59 PM

1,055 posts, read 4,117,121 times
Conga-rats! Enjoy the new member and keep up the great work!

Old 09-06-2009, 04:15 PM

21,353 posts, read 8,450,894 times
I think she 'snagged' YOU Mrs.! Congratulations!!!! Either way, it's a win-win!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-06-2009, 04:15 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,829,411 times
Sooo cute! Congrats on getting her.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 09-06-2009, 05:06 PM

Thanks. I'm going over board with her already. I took Tuesday off so we can have a mother / daughter clothes shopping day for her. Ugh!!

I found the cutest little outfits. Dresses, sweaters, booties, jammies - even a pink swimsuit!! I'm gonna get bows for her hair and a pink leash for her to match her pretty pink collar. I had planned on getting her a new one, but I kind of like it. Pink with bows and pearls. Maybe I'll get her a pink with gems too. We can change them out to match her outfits.

I'm turning into the crazy(er) dog lady!! Ahhh!!!! Someone help me!!

Old 09-06-2009, 05:26 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,086,869 times
You are as bad as me my goodness I have had chi fever for yrs and I always have room for one more much to my husbands chagrin .

Old 09-06-2009, 09:29 PM

9,352 posts, read 20,030,698 times
sounds like SHE picked YOU.....

congrats on the new addition.... she is beeeyoooouteeeful......

hey... on that pull and transport .... did you by chance get any adult boys.... short hair, small/medium??

Old 09-07-2009, 07:46 AM

18,725 posts, read 33,390,141 times
Oh, she is adorable, and what a beautiful coat! Congrats on your new best friend, and thank you for your work.

Old 09-07-2009, 08:12 AM

12,054 posts, read 23,349,004 times
She's beautiful. Thank you for the work that you do, and I wish you a long, happy, and healthy lifetime together.

Old 09-07-2009, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
sounds like SHE picked YOU.....

congrats on the new addition.... she is beeeyoooouteeeful......

hey... on that pull and transport .... did you by chance get any adult boys.... short hair, small/medium??
There are bajillions of them. I've still got one at home - young adult male rat terrier, fully vetted. We've had him for ..................... 5 years? He's very insecure though. I've done all I can to try to help him and he's just not coming out of his shell. ETA: He's fine with us and once he gets to know you he's great. But he's not the kind of dog you'd take to PetSmart the day you get him. He'd pee himself!

I transported my Beagle / Peke mix foster up there, so they have him. He's the daddy to the puppies I had. Um.............. There were lots of others that went. Lots of beagles. Lots of terrier mixes.

Do you know exactly what you're looking for? Jessamine always has dogs like that. Check them out. Jenise is great to work with. I adore her!!

Jessamine County S.A.V.E. Center , Nicholasville, KY: Adoptable Pets: Petfinder

She also has an update on Dakota, the female wolf mix that took the tiny newborn from it's crib a while back? She's finally all settled at the sanctuary where she's now living the rest of her life and is doing very well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs