U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2009, 09:26 AM

5,244 posts, read 15,220,248 times

Advertisements

Just wanted to update on adoptions and the shelter proposal......

I approved the adoption for my female pitbull today, Daisy. She'll be leaving for Madison, AL. I just adopted the sheltie/corgi mix down that way as well.

In all honesty, I'd secretly been hoping no one adopted Daisy. She's just the sweetest little puppy!! She's all wiggle and very happy and loves everyone and everything she meets. You'd never know she'd been abused. She'll have a new chihuahua sister there, so she'll at least feel pretty much at home, after living with 6 of them here!

I also approved an application for one of the birds, who will go to her new home today. And I put the tortoises up for adoption. Hubby's looking at another potential surgery and we just won't be able to care for them properly at this point if he can't handle them. Multiple back and neck surgeries don't work with 100+ pound tortoises.

So, we're down to just a few fosters now. I'm working on the proposal for the animal shelter for my county, hoping really hard that it gets approved. Everyone keep your fingers crossed for the shelter. We need one here so badly.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2009, 09:33 AM

19,859 posts, read 61,487,592 times
Good news for everyone except your DH. So sorry to hear that he might need more surgery.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 09-12-2009, 09:33 AM

26,117 posts, read 28,948,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs1885 View Post
Just wanted to update on adoptions and the shelter proposal......

I approved the adoption for my female pitbull today, Daisy. She'll be leaving for Madison, AL. I just adopted the sheltie/corgi mix down that way as well.

In all honesty, I'd secretly been hoping no one adopted Daisy. She's just the sweetest little puppy!! She's all wiggle and very happy and loves everyone and everything she meets. You'd never know she'd been abused. She'll have a new chihuahua sister there, so she'll at least feel pretty much at home, after living with 6 of them here!

Remember, as hard as it is to let go of one of your fosters, you are making room to save yet another. You have also brought joy to so many people with each dog you adopt. Your efforts are comendable and I applaud you and wish you the best of luck with your shelter efforts.

Old 09-12-2009, 10:21 AM

16,400 posts, read 29,240,733 times
Thank you so much for your work of kindness.

Old 09-12-2009, 11:23 AM

9,353 posts, read 18,573,027 times
fingers and paws crossed .... for the shelter and for your dh ..... back surgery..... OUCH.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs