Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2009, 06:08 PM

3,401 posts, read 13,372,020 times

Advertisements

I thought about posting this in the "Rainbow Bridge" section, so if it needs to be relocated later, I apoligize!

I didn't write this, I stumbled across this while I was at work surfing the best of craigslist. Bad idea!! Maybe it's a chemical imbalance, maybe I'm pre-destined to need to work with animals.. but I was bawling my eyes out over this for the rest of the day well into the evening. It meant the world to me, and I didn't even know her. I hope it means something to you as well. Enjoy!

__________________________________________________ _______________

Ten years ago, in tears, you turned your beloved dog over to the Bellevue Humane Society. You had to move and your 3 year old dog could not go with you. The workers said that you (a man) cried as you left her there. You even told the folks at the humane society that she was half chow, half lab...One look at this fuzzy brindle pooch and you knew there was no such thing as a brindle chow OR lab..but there are brindle pitbulls...with a pit face, funny looking tiger stripes and lots of fur, I'm certain you thought this was going to be the end of the line for her.

What you need to know is that my best friend adopted her. My friend called me and said, "now, you have to get past her looks...she REALLY is sweet." Sure enough, she was sweet and for the next 10 years of her life lived the life you had hoped she would have. Her life was filled with swims, playmates, early morning walks, car rides, hikes and lots of love. She died in her bereaved owner's arms last Saturday, succumbing to the affects of advanced liver disease.

When she was adopted, it was obvious she had been loved and cared for..impeccible manners, good basic training and she really wanted to please. I hope you see this post so that you know that you did the right thing in surrendering her and can stop wondering. She lived the life she deserved.

best of craigslist: 10 YEARS AGO AT THE HUMANE SOCIETY
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2009, 11:17 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,030,698 times
WHAT a great post.... hope that it is true and hope that the man for whom it was intended saw it......

i know, i know.... what are the odds?? but still, stranger things have happened........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs