Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2010, 11:39 AM

5,094 posts, read 12,601,245 times

Advertisements

This past weekend was the Santa Barbara Kennel Club dog show. It is a 4 day event and the show grounds are packed with RV's and dog show people. The two 6 month old Saint Bernard puppies that come to the dog park were being shown in the Puppy class yesterday afternoon so after agility Dazzle and I went to the show it is right down the road from our agility class. People had told me you can not attend with your dog that only show dogs are allowed but years ago I took Jazz so decided to try it and no one said a thing. Friends from the dog park said they brought their dogs but had to take them home as they would not let them in and then said it pays to have a handsome dog like Dazzle as they no doubt though he was one of the show dogs

The puppies did OK but were a bit goofy they looked like the youngest two out there but the one did take 2nd.

Dazzle had a ball and found the dog show very exciting, he was extra prancy. He watches dog shows on TV just like Dash use too but to be there in dog ( ie person but we can't say that as he is not a person) was just so exciting!For being such a good boy I got him a fancy sighthound collar with beads on it that sort of flash in the sunlight ...true bling! People kept telling him how handsome he was in his bling collar and he was eating up that attention. after getting Bling and so much attention I think he thinks he got Best in show.

The part I thought was cool was alot of the show people knew what he was! They would come up and ask " is this a Silken?" and many were aware the breed is trying to get AKC and some said when they do they feel it will shake up the hound group some . People asked me if they do get approval did I plan to show him and I had to tell them no as he is missing parts so while he can do agility or abedience he can not show in conformation ( besides I am not a dog show type person).

It was a fun day I do think he was dreaming he was in the dog show and won Best in Show last night by how vocal his sleep was.

I was going to post a photo of him in his new bling collar but need to recharge the camera batteries so maybe later.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2010, 11:44 AM

5,026 posts, read 15,301,403 times
PC's breeder was there too! He travels the country in an RV with his family and show dogs. PC's dad won some huge championship last year, but I couldn't tell you what because the show world is not for me! PC, unfortunately, did not follow in daddy's footsteps and would never make it in that world!

Glad to hear you had a good time!

Old 08-30-2010, 12:29 PM

9,352 posts, read 20,050,961 times
sounds like a GREAT time and can NOT wait to see dazzle and his new bling......

bailey and i went to purina's incredible dog challenge out at puriina farms here 2 years ago and both had a great time..... not that she was competing or anything, but she did get LOTS of attention..... it is the 1st weekend in October this year and i think we will go again.....

dock diving, agility, jack russel races, frisbee and i can't remember what else..... good times!!

and since it is at purina farms, they have little pens next to the people restrooms so you can safely pen your dog while answering nature's call..... ... talk about dog-friendly!!

Old 08-30-2010, 01:33 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,877,205 times
How fun for you both! Hurry up those pics of the handsome boy and his bling.

Old 08-30-2010, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
sounds like a GREAT time and can NOT wait to see dazzle and his new bling......

bailey and i went to purina's incredible dog challenge out at puriina farms here 2 years ago and both had a great time..... not that she was competing or anything, but she did get LOTS of attention..... it is the 1st weekend in October this year and i think we will go again.....

dock diving, agility, jack russel races, frisbee and i can't remember what else..... good times!!

and since it is at purina farms, they have little pens next to the people restrooms so you can safely pen your dog while answering nature's call..... ... talk about dog-friendly!!

That event sounds like total blast! I also love the idea of the pet pens by the people restrooms as Dazzle freaks about going into the restroom with me. He may be a girlie boy and he may love the bathroom and following me in at home but public restrooms NO WAY. I have to pick him up and carry him inside with me and the whole time he is very stressed about being in there. I guess he knows that guys don't belong in the ladies room

Had I known PC's dad was there I would have looked for them but then again I really did not see any Bulldogs so they might have been a different day and they were out of schedules so trying to find where different things were being held was difficult.

Old 08-30-2010, 02:04 PM

9,352 posts, read 20,050,961 times
bailey and dave waltz right into the restroom and into the handicapped stall with me at petsmart..... there is NO WAY all 3 of us would fit into the regular stall..... they are very good and patient for the duration..... but happy to get back out into the store.....

Old 08-30-2010, 04:55 PM

I have tried using the handicapped stall and it doesn't matter as Dazzle freaks out the minute we start to walk in the door of a public restroom from outside!

Here are some photos of Dazzle in his new Bling collar. When he moves around out in the sun the beads catch the sun adding sparkle among his long hairs. We tried about a dozen collars on and this one was so him!!!

Old 08-30-2010, 05:51 PM

5,026 posts, read 15,301,403 times
What a handsome pup! PC is jealous!

Old 08-30-2010, 05:52 PM

1,439 posts, read 2,922,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashdog View Post
I have tried using the handicapped stall and it doesn't matter as Dazzle freaks out the minute we start to walk in the door of a public restroom from outside!

Here are some photos of Dazzle in his new Bling collar. When he moves around out in the sun the beads catch the sun adding sparkle among his long hairs. We tried about a dozen collars on and this one was so him!!!

Dazzle looks like he's ready for Italian Vogue in that, lmao. He's like the Derek Zoolander of the dog world.

Old 08-31-2010, 01:23 PM

1,280 posts, read 6,982,570 times
What a gorgeous boy!That collar really does suit him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs