U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 07:21 AM

17,330 posts, read 30,018,882 times

Advertisements

JUST KIDDING!!!!!

There's no problem with it. Honest. Since I stopped giving him cheese, his poop has been pretty perfect (well, "perfect" as far as poop can be perfect). And although the vet gave me meds to give him on the chance that he has IBD (irritable bowel disease), I haven't had to start him on them.

But I thought maybe if you hadn't made any fun plans for the weekend and wanted something to talk about, Artie's poop is always a fun topic. Right?

Also, I wanted to thank everyone for their words of wisdom and sage advice. I know we've talked about Artie's poop A LOT but I'm hoping that we won't have to talk about it again in a BAD way.

Have a great weekend everyone, and remember... if you're bored, come to this thread and talk about Artie's poop. It's fun for all ages!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2009, 07:24 AM

23,596 posts, read 25,806,192 times
LOL ! Glad to hear Artie and his poop are doing well!

Have a great weekend....

Old 11-06-2009, 07:35 AM

548 posts, read 1,396,226 times
HAHA! That's hilarious!

Have a fun weekend!

Old 11-06-2009, 07:44 AM

13,395 posts, read 42,653,403 times
LOL
We've had similar issues (and then found out that Beau was chewing on the window sill. He's been sad ever since his buddy died, we're working on it.)
Like you, we have had the same obsession with texture and quality of our dog's poop. Our morning and evening conversations end up being about bowel movements, the successful events as well as fiascos.
Interesting about taking Artie off cheese.
I have been leery about giving Beau any dairy, including cheese, since yogurt (homemade, plain) was such a disaster.
Happy Weekend!

Old 11-06-2009, 07:49 AM

1,300 posts, read 3,350,214 times
Haha, glad Artie and his poop are doing well! I just looked at his picture on your profile, he's adorable!

BlueWillowPlate what happened with the yogurt? I planned to give Charlie a little to help with his terrible gas lately, but he has a sensitive stomach (it may be irritable bowel). How much did you give Beau and what happened?

Old 11-06-2009, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWillowPlate View Post
LOL
We've had similar issues (and then found out that Beau was chewing on the window sill. He's been sad ever since his buddy died, we're working on it.)
Like you, we have had the same obsession with texture and quality of our dog's poop. Our morning and evening conversations end up being about bowel movements, the successful events as well as fiascos.
Interesting about taking Artie off cheese.
I have been leery about giving Beau any dairy, including cheese, since yogurt (homemade, plain) was such a disaster.
Happy Weekend!
You're lucky to be able to have those conversations! Every time I start talking about Artie's poop, my husband says, "Here we go again? We're talking about Artie's crap again???? You're obsessed!" (He's right, though -- I am obsessed.)

I hope Beau starts feeling better quickly. They really DO feel when things are amiss...

Old 11-06-2009, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-CityRelo View Post
Haha, glad Artie and his poop are doing well! I just looked at his picture on your profile, he's adorable!
Thanks! (I say that all proudly, like I birthed him!? )

Old 11-06-2009, 07:54 AM

43,011 posts, read 100,443,716 times
When I saw the thread title, I clicked on it immediately thinking, "Oh, my! What's happening with Artie's poop now?!?!?!"

Too funny!

Who would have thought that expensive cheese would be the culprit?!?!

Glad to hear Artie's poop is still perfect!

Old 11-06-2009, 08:30 AM

10,091 posts, read 39,727,262 times

You KNOW Artie and his "texture problems" are a favorite of us all!

Old 11-06-2009, 08:39 AM

5,027 posts, read 14,418,048 times
Artie and PC could be long lost brothers! His poops have been weird since the day we got him. It goes from being fine for a few weeks, to soft and so on. I'll never forget when we kept finding small, hard orange things in his poop and thought the worst. Then, we realized it was undigested carrots.

After I picked him up from the pet sitter on Saturday, he had tons of mucus in his poop, so I took him to the vet on Monday, thinking he was sick. That's when we got the diagnosis that he's just stressed (aka drama queen) and didn't like to be left alone for that long. He's been fine since.

The offer to ship him across country for a week still stands, though I advise you to hold your nose when you open the box since his farts will have a chance to collect in there and just might kill you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs