Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 08:56 AM

897 posts, read 2,447,174 times

Advertisements

Mesabi-so cute- we went to the vet and she said he was great- actually looks bigger than he is because he's very fluffy- 2nd night with us and he never cried-daughter took him out at 1 to potty and he was in crate awake this morning .. happy
do their colors/markings change much as they get older- doesn't look like it from Mesabis pics- I've only had solid colored labs before-
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2009, 10:25 AM

1,554 posts, read 4,533,683 times
I am not sure what type of Australian Shepherd it is meaning colors wise. I would like a whole body or side view picture of him? I don't remember how old his is? I have a blue merle pup and she was a light color as a pup and now she is darker. I will try to show you pictures. So you get the idea. My other pup now is 4 month old is a black tri male and some colors are appearing as he gets older. Which I think is adorable.

Old 12-08-2009, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kareybear View Post
I am not sure what type of Australian Shepherd it is meaning colors wise. I would like a whole body or side view picture of him? I don't remember how old his is? I have a blue merle pup and she was a light color as a pup and now she is darker. I will try to show you pictures. So you get the idea. My other pup now is 4 month old is a black tri male and some colors are appearing as he gets older. Which I think is adorable.
He is 10 weeks and blue merle

Old 12-08-2009, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlsess View Post
What a cutie...Yep that is a blue merle alright...He got puppy fat that you just want curl up with. Please note my vet said male dog take longer to potty train that female dogs. Should be fully potty trained by 5 months or so. Just a warning.

Old 12-08-2009, 11:24 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,430,984 times
I think the merle's color change more than the tri's as they grow up. My 2 are black tri's and they look exactly the same as when they were wee pups, just bigger. Have to agree with Kearybear, boys are difficult to house break. Oh and they do have a very short attention span for the first yr. making it a challenge to train. It is not that they are not learning they just don't want you to know, lol....And ditto...he is adorable!

Old 12-08-2009, 11:30 AM

That is interesting about the potty training- we always take him out and he goes right away- only 1 accident thus far and it was our fault for not taking him out- Hope it won't take 5 months-
My mom just called and said she talked to someone that had one of these- said he tore up yard and buried all of his toys- I told her yes I know they need alot of exercise- apparently that one wasn't exercised at all- we have another dog- and I assume they will play and run around -I plan to walk him when he gets old enough in a couple of months-2-3 miles a day- and throw balls- the vet said he was not fat just furry-she could feel his ribs- also said he was very laid back and every person and technician there came and petted him- they could not get over how cute he is!!!

Old 12-08-2009, 11:40 AM

9,352 posts, read 19,944,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hlsess View Post

what a handsome little fella........

Old 12-08-2009, 11:44 AM

This is Biscuit(girl) at 7 weeks

Here she is 5 months old

1 year old

Here is biscuit 2 years old and newest addition Patch is 4 months old.

Old 12-08-2009, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kareybear View Post
This is Biscuit(girl) at 7 weeks

Here she is 5 months old

1 year old

Here is biscuit 2 years old and newest addition Patch is 4 months old.

they are adorable!!!

Old 12-09-2009, 05:10 PM

First time today to leave him for a long time- he made it 5 hours without having an accident-I was totally amazed- he is absolutely the smartest dog ever!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs