U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 08:47 AM

5,027 posts, read 14,639,509 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DandJ View Post
They get cuter and cuter with every picture!!! I can't stand it. The fun going on in your house right now must be unbelievable! Lucky you! (and lucky puppies too)
Just think, it could be lucky YOU!
Rate this post positively

Old 12-10-2009, 08:50 AM

17,330 posts, read 30,732,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAK802 View Post
Just think, it could be lucky YOU!
Seriously, that brindle one's face (and kisses) totally melted me into a puddle of love. I wish I could take him in, I really do.

Old 12-10-2009, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DandJ View Post
Seriously, that brindle one's face (and kisses) totally melted me into a puddle of love. I wish I could take him in, I really do.
That's Vinnie. He's got a bit of that NY attitude and would fit right in in CT!

Old 12-10-2009, 09:37 AM

3,850 posts, read 9,015,761 times
Yeah, don't send me a box with holes and is moving...I only check my mail about once a month, on account that I only get bills in there

Cute pups!!!

Old 12-10-2009, 10:17 AM

1,300 posts, read 3,410,765 times
I LOVE your photo story!! They are so tiny, I'd bet that if they are part pitbull they're mixed with a smaller breed. I love love love their puppy bellies, so cute. That first shot of PC is awesome! All I can say is cute, I can't stop using that word!!!

Old 12-10-2009, 10:35 AM

3,388 posts, read 6,306,717 times
First off, kudos to you for taking then in when they needed someone!!!! Fostering is one of the most compassionate things anyone can do.

Secondly they are adorable perfect lil pitty puppies. They look IMO pure APBT to me. They all look a bit gangly at first. Especially the more "game bred" lines as opposed to the pitopotamus Gotti line mixed breed passing off as pure APBT 100+lbs dogs that some people have.

True APBT should be between 30-60lbs tops. Anything more than 60lbs, you have to look at the lines and go from there, but in NO WAY should an APBT ever be 100lbs or more, EVER!

This is a true APBT:

This is NOT:

Anyway, for puppies that age, leave out food freely as well as water, and every 2hrs take them out. When I was potty training a litter, I would ring a bell I attached to the back door, when we went out. It got to the point that I would ring the bell and 4 little puppies would march into the kitchen to be let out, and eventually, they would ring the bell on their own to signal they were ready to potty.

We didn't use puppy pads, I personally don't believe in that training method. I kept them enclosed in the kitchen for the majority of the time (no carpet in there, so it was easy to clean up messes), and stuck a crate iin there as well for them to sleep. They were not allowed in the rest of the house, untill after they has went to the bathroom, and we were training or playing. Eventually, I spread it out, so they could be in the dining room as well (hardwood floors).

When they were about 3-4 months old, all but one went to their new homes, and I still keep in contact, and they are still using the bell at potty time, and their owners love it, since they know when the dogs have to go.

Around 6 months old is when I started taking away free feeding, and fed a certain amount 3x daily, then around a year I changed it to twice daily. Now with the schedule, about an hour after feeding, they go out to the bathroom to poop, and go out 2-3 other times during the day to pee.

Hope that helps.

Old 12-11-2009, 08:13 PM

If you thought these little guys couldn't get any cuter, you were wrong! Just look at these cute little faces! They're a lot of work, but so freakin adorable! I just love them! I will not be a foster failure, I will not be a foster failure...

Old 12-11-2009, 08:16 PM

1,201 posts, read 4,359,747 times
Looks like PC is getting use to and loving the little pups!

Old 12-11-2009, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaime_mac View Post
Looks like PC is getting use to and loving the little pups!
He adores them! As soon as they wake up and I bring them into the room he's in, they wag those little tails and run to him and lick him! He licks back, but his tongue is big enough to cover their entire body, which is probably why they smell so bad!

Old 12-11-2009, 09:07 PM

1,201 posts, read 4,359,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAK802 View Post
He adores them! As soon as they wake up and I bring them into the room he's in, they wag those little tails and run to him and lick him! He licks back, but his tongue is big enough to cover their entire body, which is probably why they smell so bad!
That is too cute! He's gonna be a sad PC when they're gone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.