Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2010, 12:44 AM

2,175 posts, read 9,175,322 times

Advertisements

I don't wish bad things on good people or even not so good people.
But someone who is so wicked that they enjoy, or profit from, watching or causing an animal to suffer without good cause such as self defense, etc, has no place in society.
And the punishment should be so severe that the act would not be worth engaging in just to satisfy a demented mind.
IMO Vick and all others of his ilk should be rewarded with bread and water and a prison cell and shunned by society for years. Not rewarded with big money contracts and accolades.
I don't much care if bad things happen to people like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2010, 01:21 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,372,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Felina View Post
Of course....6AM, PST, Sunday, January 3rd, 2010. That should be around 8 or 10AM for most folks. Is that alright?
Yes!!!

Old 01-01-2010, 07:48 AM

2,404 posts, read 6,275,953 times
Quote:
Of course....6AM, PST, Sunday, January 3rd, 2010. That should be around 8 or 10AM for most folks. Is that alright?

BEAUTIFUL...Perfect idea. If Faith only knew how many people truly LOVED her.

Thank you...

Old 01-01-2010, 07:59 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,047,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
When I read stories like this one I wish we could just tie up those involved so they could not defend themselves and let the dogs settle their score!

Missouri has seen too much in the way of puppy mill tragedies and this dog fighting ring. We need some serious legislation to stop this cr*p and the garbage that perpetuates it. Anyone in this thread from MO and know if there is anything in the pipeline for the upcoming legislative session?
yes.... there is legislation in the pipleine to upgrade standards for "breeders" .... aimed at puppy mills.... will require regular vet care and space for each of the dogs to run around on a regular basis..... we'll see how far it gets and if it is passed, how well it is enforced.... with such huge state budget cuts we are facing right now, i don't have a lot of faith in the enforcement end, but at least our lawmakers are moving in the right direction......

i can't find the link to the news story i saw on this the other day.... wednesday, i think.....

Quote:
i will be on my way to cape girardeau for a transport leg.... can someone light an extra one for me, please??

Old 01-01-2010, 08:15 AM

I will light an extra candle. I found Faith's story. I will read it aloud.

Old 01-01-2010, 08:18 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,047,429 times
thank you........

Old 01-01-2010, 10:26 AM

4,627 posts, read 10,479,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
I will light an extra candle. I found Faith's story. I will read it aloud.
Would you reprint it here?

We know the story, so it won't much surprise anyone. In my ancestors' world, I would burn the [printed]story as prayers were said, and Fay's past was destroyed and her spirit made it to heaven. Maybe not, though, since we all remember her story.....sorry. Never mind....

I can't figure out a way to download the pic, but Mutts and Stuff who were taking care of Fay, have a picture of her giving some loves to a man who was holding her....it is not a "pretty" picture of course, but it shows her gentleness....

Old 01-01-2010, 10:58 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,968,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
yes.... there is legislation in the pipleine to upgrade standards for "breeders" .... aimed at puppy mills.... will require regular vet care and space for each of the dogs to run around on a regular basis..... we'll see how far it gets and if it is passed, how well it is enforced.... with such huge state budget cuts we are facing right now, i don't have a lot of faith in the enforcement end, but at least our lawmakers are moving in the right direction......

i can't find the link to the news story i saw on this the other day.... wednesday, i think.....

i will be on my way to cape girardeau for a transport leg.... can someone light an extra one for me, please??

Thanks, good to know!

Old 01-01-2010, 12:45 PM

549 posts, read 2,206,954 times
I'll light one as well, for the poor dear one that has died...she did know a better life before she moved on and she sure knows pure love now.

As for Vick and those who mistreat any animal should be subjected to the exact same treatment, anything less, IMO...isn't justice.

Old 01-01-2010, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Would you reprint it here?

We know the story, so it won't much surprise anyone. In my ancestors' world, I would burn the [printed]story as prayers were said, and Fay's past was destroyed and her spirit made it to heaven. Maybe not, though, since we all remember her story.....sorry. Never mind....

I can't figure out a way to download the pic, but Mutts and Stuff who were taking care of Fay, have a picture of her giving some loves to a man who was holding her....it is not a "pretty" picture of course, but it shows her gentleness....
Yes, as soon as I find it again. Now, I am having trouble finding it!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs