Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 08:42 PM

3,513 posts, read 6,373,551 times

Advertisements

This is a very moving and powerful video and while it will make you cry it will also inspire you and has a happy ending (well, middle really, it ain't over yet)

Turn you speakers on.

Just One Dog

You can read about him in this Respect-A- Bull rescue blog:

Blog (http://www.respect-a-bull.com/apps/blog/ - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2010, 06:14 AM

67 posts, read 345,420 times
That's a beautiful story. It brought tears to my eyes. Thanks for sharing it.

Old 01-29-2010, 07:34 AM

298 posts, read 998,343 times
I teared up too. I used to help transport dogs in NY but have since moved to MD. I have signed up with Acme pet transport about a year ago but never got called. Does anyone know of another pet transport?

Old 01-29-2010, 07:59 AM

3,513 posts, read 6,373,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samstersmom View Post
I teared up too. Does anyone know of another pet transport?
Samstersmom there is a Yahoo Group for transports for every major interstate in the country and many secondary ones too. In Yahoo just search for (example) I-95 rescue transport and you will find a group. For most of them you can read the requests for drivers without joining the group.

Depending on your location you can probably find a run most every weekend and sometimes several to choose from. Even if you only drive a few times a year it all helps.

Thank you for whatever help you can provide, whenever you can.

Old 01-29-2010, 09:41 AM

1,318 posts, read 5,270,863 times
Now youv'e gone and made me cry! What a sweet story.....

Old 01-29-2010, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zugor View Post
Samstersmom there is a Yahoo Group for transports for every major interstate in the country and many secondary ones too. In Yahoo just search for (example) I-95 rescue transport and you will find a group. For most of them you can read the requests for drivers without joining the group.

Depending on your location you can probably find a run most every weekend and sometimes several to choose from. Even if you only drive a few times a year it all helps.

Thank you for whatever help you can provide, whenever you can.
Thanks zugor! I found a transport using Yahoo and will be transporting 3-4 dogs as early as this Sunday!

Old 01-29-2010, 11:23 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,021,771 times
Quote:
Thanks zugor! I found a transport using Yahoo and will be transporting 3-4 dogs as early as this Sunday!
i do transports about every other weekend or so ..... will do an extra if there is a cattle dog involved..... a lot of the dogs coming through my area are heading towards yours samstersmom ..... maybe we could end up driving the same dogs one of these weekends........

Old 01-29-2010, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
i do transports about every other weekend or so ..... will do an extra if there is a cattle dog involved..... a lot of the dogs coming through my area are heading towards yours samstersmom ..... maybe we could end up driving the same dogs one of these weekends........

Yes, we could be. This weekend we are taking dogs from SC kill shelters on their way to PA and NJ rescues. I have to get a new crate since I gave my old one away because I had no transports. The coordinator suggested that I get a crate and tether two other dogs on either side. What do you recommend for tethering?

Old 01-29-2010, 12:50 PM

9,352 posts, read 20,021,771 times
Quote:
Yes, we could be. This weekend we are taking dogs from SC kill shelters on their way to PA and NJ rescues. I have to get a new crate since I gave my old one away because I had no transports. The coordinator suggested that I get a crate and tether two other dogs on either side. What do you recommend for tethering?
sending you a pm .... don't want to stray too far off topic.......

Old 01-29-2010, 04:46 PM

3,401 posts, read 13,368,636 times
Send me a PM too!!!

I have been looking and looking for ways to be a part of animal rescue, or caring for animals - without the clinical side to it (training as a vet tech, etc).

They need people to come rescue doggies and take them to a new home? Where do I sign up! Kitties too? I have a truck.. does it need to be a van? I will buy a van.

That short clip had me crying.. ( no surprise here ) ... but my fiancee got caught up watching it over my shoulder, and HE teared up too! score one for the animal lover inside everyone! He wants to go rescue doggies too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs