Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 11:51 AM

5,094 posts, read 12,588,711 times

Advertisements

Ok my girlie boy Dazzle has a new girl friend. Last week the new session of agility classes started and the people in the intro agility class came early and were watching . In the group was a whippet. Dazzle noticed her right away and after that he lost focus on what we were doing in class and any chance he got he would race off to go say hello and the two would dance around in that sigthound way and make alot of weird sighthound sounds, thus speak in their own language. He was so excited and prancy as in the past when we see greyounds or whippets he gets excited to see them but they tend to blow him off because they have been older dogs.

The owner of the whippet is an older man that was a hollywood star years ago and lives in the Santa Barbara area. He kept telling me how very handsome Dazzle is and how he enjoyed watching him doing the agility as he was just so beautiful and graceful ( funny he left out how much of a clown Dazzle is as he is a clown at agility) So looks like Dazzle has the dad's approval.

As much as I enjoyed seeing him so gaga over this beautiful young whippet I hope they do not show up early to class all the time as then I will have even more trouble with Dazzle keeping focus on the agility. ( he has a very short attention span as it is). Despite his being tall dark and handsome who would have thought that my girlie boy would have a girlfriend? I guess spring is in the air.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2010, 01:54 PM

21,353 posts, read 8,450,894 times
Very happy for Dazzle!!!

Old 03-06-2010, 04:12 PM

5,715 posts, read 15,045,746 times
I once had an Afghan hound. It's very true that sight hounds make very unique (and adorable) verbal sounds...

What kind of dog is Dazzle?

Old 03-06-2010, 06:10 PM

Dazzle is a silken windhound. If you like sighthounds they are a pretty cool breed. Longer hair then Greyhound and whippets, single coated so not much shedding. Right now there are no genetic health issues and the people that are breeding them are trying hard to keep it that way. UC Davis has the genetic profile of all the silkens born. Size wise they are between the size of a whippet and a greyhound and temperment they tend to be fantastic. Great dog for condos or apartments as if they get excercise they make great couch potatoes and they tend not to be watch dogs so do not tend to bark at outside noises. They love to run so getting them out for a run is important but then they are pretty content hanging out.Oh ya they love to cuddle with their person

When I talked to a group of breeders at a show before I decided to get Dazzle they all had such great things to say about the breed and I will admitt I have not been disappointed. Dazzle is a very elegant,fast,sweet
smart and funny boy and eveyone that has met him has fallen in love with him as how can you not when he gives you that sighthound grin?

He is the comic relief in agility class as he makes it all so much more fun with his crazy antics. Don't know if I will ever get him to competition level but we sure have fun working on it and everyone in class gets a good laugh

Old 03-07-2010, 07:40 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,030,698 times
great story..... yaaaayyyy for dazzle.....

maybe there is hope for girley-boy dave too!!

Old 03-07-2010, 09:51 AM

5,013 posts, read 10,694,159 times
Um, where's the picture? You can't possibly tell a story about how someone complimented your dog's grace and beauty and then not post a pic ):

Old 03-07-2010, 07:10 PM

5,715 posts, read 15,045,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarlaJane View Post
Um, where's the picture? You can't possibly tell a story about how someone complimented your dog's grace and beauty and then not post a pic ):
Me, too. Pictures, please!

Old 03-07-2010, 07:11 PM

1,439 posts, read 2,920,337 times
I'd like to see some pictures of the cute couple.

Old 03-16-2010, 02:15 PM

I have been in Reno so guess I missed these replies. I do not take a camera to agility class as it is hard enough to teach a dog like Dazzle agility without trying to snap photos and because Class is on Sunday mornings I have not asked any friends to get up early to come take photos as being many of my friends are night shift workers like me mornings are not our best times...believe me if I am off Saturday night it kills me to get up Sunday to go to class. I am in no way a morning person and feel mornings should be illegal

Last Sunday I decided we would work on Dazzle's focus. So when the Beautiful Whippet showed up and this time her whippet sister came along and was tied to the fence and Dazzle started looking their way I snapped his leash back on and walked him over near them but then made him sit and watch me. It was not easy but he did it . We did some obstacles near them but with him on leash so he could not go see them and once again at the end I asked him for a watch me...poor Dazzle his Mom is getting in the way of his love! I did not let him socialize with them as he has to learn that when he is doing agility his focus is on me and the course not what ever else is going on at the park including the arrival of those hot whippets!

I have posted photos of him before do not know if I posted this one as it is Him and his two Oregon cousins, from top to bottom it is Dazzle, Angel and Emma and was taken last Oct. I will try to get some photos of him in action running or jumping as that is when you see the grace and beauty in this breed. Getting photos is not easy as due to the slight delay in my camera and his speed I end up with action shots that are the tip of his tail flying by the camera If I have not mentioned he is fast like a greyhound or whippet.

Old 03-16-2010, 03:11 PM

9,352 posts, read 20,030,698 times
SUCH a handsome boy!!

and man oh man..... i HEAR ya' about the digital cameras getting nothing but BUTT shots......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs