Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 06:15 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,334,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
eta ..... just today i got an email about a couple of other dogs in the same shelter that started this thread (i think it was the same shelter) and forwarded it on to the people in the yahoo groups i am in ..... and not even 30 minutes later i got a reply from a possible potential foster..... so, sometimes lightening DOES strike.....
You are a saint!! I'm keeping everything crossed that it did work out for that foster since the shelter only gave them until tomorrow to get the dog out.

A lot of good has come out of this thread.

Oh, and Starla... this may sound like a very weird comment to make (please don't take this wrong), but in a way I am glad that you were disturbed and upset by the pictures of the faces of the pups slated to be put down. It all starts with first realizing that these are real life dogs with real life personalities whose lives will be snubbed. There's a big difference between just knowing that something is going on, and truly being faced with the pictures and stories. There's an 'awakening' that happens. Next thing you know, you start asking yourself how you can help and in what capacity, big or small. I would be more concerned if you weren't upset by it all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2010, 09:03 AM

5,016 posts, read 10,709,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
You are a saint!! I'm keeping everything crossed that it did work out for that foster since the shelter only gave them until tomorrow to get the dog out.

A lot of good has come out of this thread.

Oh, and Starla... this may sound like a very weird comment to make (please don't take this wrong), but in a way I am glad that you were disturbed and upset by the pictures of the faces of the pups slated to be put down. It all starts with first realizing that these are real life dogs with real life personalities whose lives will be snubbed. There's a big difference between just knowing that something is going on, and truly being faced with the pictures and stories. There's an 'awakening' that happens. Next thing you know, you start asking yourself how you can help and in what capacity, big or small. I would be more concerned if you weren't upset by it all.
That's too funny, I think the same way ("Oh, I'm so releaved you're so upset by this" ).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs