Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 09:15 AM

1,262 posts, read 1,294,978 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyGirl1 View Post
including DEA....With what they come up against every day of their lives....well....Many of us could not do it.
The point is, they do it. They collect a PAYCHECK for doing things like this. If they cared about the real cost to society, to the child in the room, they would get another job. NO ONE has to be a thug with a gun. The DEA does not HAVE to exist, and if it does exist, you don't have to participate. These guys do this for the rush it gives them, and the sense of power. You could just use reasonable force. You could get better intel BEFORE you go breaking down doors, you could determine if it was likely there would be dogs or childern in the room, but they didn't. Disgusting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2010, 09:37 AM

1,364 posts, read 2,909,324 times
Disgusting.

Old 05-07-2010, 09:41 AM

21,353 posts, read 8,422,327 times
I can't watch it either. I'm pro police, but I'm for using your head too. Raiding when they know the kid is there is just stupid. It doesn't seem from what any of you area saying, the guy posed a huge threat to society.

And the answer isn't just to march in and shoot the dogs. What do they think their own pets would do in that situation? Sit there and lick itself in total disdain?

Heads need to roll on this one. Glad the Corgi made it.

Old 05-07-2010, 10:01 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zi***...layer_embedded

Not sure why CD won't do the Youtube link correctly (it's taking it to the homepage)

Swat team member questioned on incident:

http://www.copblock.org/

Should be on first page in the middle

Old 05-07-2010, 10:14 AM

5,026 posts, read 15,249,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.J. MacReady View Post
YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Not sure why CD won't do the Youtube link correctly (it's taking it to the homepage)

Swat team member questioned on incident:

copblock*|*Because we have to do something

Should be on first page in the middle
Can't see the YT video, but love the second.

I know more than my share of cops. They are either DEA or gang unit cops. When they saw that video, they were appalled. Granted, my friends are in NYC and Jersey, and things are done a little differently there than in Middle America. They don't waste time and so much manpower on a marijuana charge because they actually have things to do. I guess cops in MO are bored and needed that thrill.

Old 05-07-2010, 10:17 AM

I normally support the police and know they deal with many difficulties but man that was a horrible incident Totally agree with you MAK802.

Old 05-07-2010, 11:35 AM

45 posts, read 80,187 times
This is so appalling and un-necessary. I'm the wife of a cop and have been for over six years now. I know of no department that would allow such behavior, especially over weed. If they walked into a meth lab house full of cranked out crazy people that were encouraging the dogs to attack, okay, maybe then I could see it, but over WEED? What did weed ever do to anyone? I'm not a smoker, don't condone it, but it doesn't bother me. Ugh! I just don't even know what to say other than my heart goes out to the little boy that had to witness this and God bless the souls of the dogs that had to endure such cruel behavior by humans.

This just makes me sick to my stomach.

Old 05-07-2010, 11:57 AM

399 posts, read 2,248,581 times
Like I said, nobody on here knows what information they got beforehand...they could've just happened to catch him with a little pot. I KNOW judges and cops and they DON'T send out the drug squad for just a little pot. They DO send them out for DEALERS that sell A LOT OF DRUGS. I think that we should hear the other side of the story before rushing to judge. And the cops that I know that worked for the drug squad didn't do it for the 'rush'. And they are only allowed to do the squad for 6 years. They did it to rid the US of scumbags that destroy the lives of our kids, destroy our world, our neighborhoods and our lives.

Personally, 'IF' this guy deals and was just caught on a day when his shelves were empty, HE is who is responsible. But IMO, I think anybody is a FREAKIN JERK/IDIOT/SCUMBAG for raising their kids around pot/drugs/scumbags that come get high with them or buy from them. I feel AWFUL for the dogs and the kid. They didn't ask to be dependent on such a loser. Gotta be proud to break the law over and over doing illegal activities and have your kid/pets subjected to watching even a much calmer arrest. I don't think anything went right in this video but a loser is a loser and it probably wouldn't have happened if he DIDN'T DO ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES. Very sad

Old 05-07-2010, 02:50 PM

8,228 posts, read 14,166,909 times
Not all cops are great and not all cops are evil. Most are just trying to do a difficult job in difficult circumstances. I'd love you all to try dealing with the joe public they do for a week.
You guys hardly know all the circumstances, only a tiny few as showed by....journalists? amateurs? For all you know the cops have been at that same address 5 times before and been attacked by those very same dogs. You have no idea. I do believe though that those cops took no joy in having to shoot the dogs.
Where is the film from Animal Planet where a female cop is trying to get some stupid waste of trashy woman to come out and talk to her and the woman sicks her pit on the woman cop. The dog proceeds to savage the cop.
I don't like the idea of the dogs being shot but I don't know the circumstances so I'm not going to run out to the nearest tree and lynch anyone. Get a grip.

Old 05-07-2010, 03:29 PM

1,481 posts, read 3,934,151 times
the really bad thing? the police were in no danger from the one dog ..

(one a pit bull that was caged in the kitchen and the other a Corgi)

the cop killed it for fun or just because he could .. now thats really sick business..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs