Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 05:40 PM

9,352 posts, read 19,958,779 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Remember: Labs are 1/2 dog x 1/2 goat. You'll need to be certain the kitty litter box(s) are inaccessible lest the lab pup discover the "treats" inside. Trust me when I tell you that is not the good kind of puppy breath when he comes to kiss you.

I agree with the previous posters about re-vaccination if no proof and no titer can prove otherwise. Good luck, hope it all works out for you on the adoption.

omg ... i can SO vouch for that......

i have actually caught dave sitting in one litter box (they are pretty large) and snacking out of the one next to it......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2010, 06:01 PM

5,026 posts, read 15,249,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIgirl74 View Post

Yes, if you speak with your friend who is a rescue, please let me know what the name of the stuff is that you are referring too in regard to the rabies vaccination. Thanks so much!
I'm about to send you a PM with the info, she just emailed me. And, I just noticed you're in Nassau County. The rescue I volunteered with is in North Jersey, not far from you!

Old 05-13-2010, 07:55 PM

827 posts, read 3,084,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
omg ... i can SO vouch for that......

i have actually caught dave sitting in one litter box (they are pretty large) and snacking out of the one next to it......

Actually when I was growing up, we had a cocker spaniel and 2 cats. We used to keep the kitty litter in the laundry room. She used to love to go in there and pick a tootsie roll out of the litter box! Yuk! The litter boxes I have now have covers on top of them and they are in my basement. Do you think the dog would still be able to get into the litter box when the one box has a cover which is only y accessible through the bottom (the cat actually has to bend down to fit under to get into it (it's a booda box). The other box is a walk in with a lid but a door that flips back & forth. I'm not sure if I would let the dog have use of the basement while we aren't home anyway b/c I feel my kitties will need a safe haven where the dog cannot get them when we aren't home. I was thinking of closing the basement door and putting a kitty door so they can get through and the dog cannot.

Thanks for the reminder.

Old 05-13-2010, 07:57 PM

827 posts, read 3,084,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAK802 View Post
I'm about to send you a PM with the info, she just emailed me. And, I just noticed you're in Nassau County. The rescue I volunteered with is in North Jersey, not far from you!
I just saw this after I replied to your DM. Unfortunately the owners loved the pup so much they decided to keep her for themselves. I think they did the right thing b/c the dog was really happy when she was around them. I'm hoping we will come across another lab in the meantime. I actually live in Suffolk now but it's right near Nassau. I'd appreciate it if you can give me the name of the rescue you volunteered at. I always see rescues in other states when I go on Petfinder. I'd just hate to go to another state and visit a dog for a day and then find out we traveled all that way to find out it's wasn't the dog for us.

Old 05-14-2010, 04:20 AM

9,352 posts, read 19,958,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIgirl74 View Post
Actually when I was growing up, we had a cocker spaniel and 2 cats. We used to keep the kitty litter in the laundry room. She used to love to go in there and pick a tootsie roll out of the litter box! Yuk! The litter boxes I have now have covers on top of them and they are in my basement. Do you think the dog would still be able to get into the litter box when the one box has a cover which is only y accessible through the bottom (the cat actually has to bend down to fit under to get into it (it's a booda box). The other box is a walk in with a lid but a door that flips back & forth. I'm not sure if I would let the dog have use of the basement while we aren't home anyway b/c I feel my kitties will need a safe haven where the dog cannot get them when we aren't home. I was thinking of closing the basement door and putting a kitty door so they can get through and the dog cannot.

Thanks for the reminder.
i think a kitty door to the basement is an EXCELLENT idea..... they do need someplace to go to where the dog can't bother them.......

i don't know if a dog would be able to access the litter boxes you have otherwise..... i'm guessin' it would depend on how determined he was.......

Old 01-08-2017, 05:38 AM

1 posts, read 661 times
I JUST ADOPTED/CALLING IT REHOMING FEE FOR A 2YEAR OLD PITBULL AND SHE'S A BIG SWEETIE. SAID UP TO DATE ON SHOTS NEXT RABIES DUE NOVEMBER 2017. ASKED AFTER THE FACT ABOUT PARVO HEART GUARD DISTEMPER AND GOT REPLY THEY JUST GET THOSE AS PUPPIES, WHAT!!! NOW I KNOW K-9's OBVIOUSLY THEY DON'T HAVE A CLUE. HOW DO I GO ABOUT IT WITH VET?? HELP ME PLEASE

Old 01-08-2017, 05:45 AM

1,727 posts, read 1,975,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by misty love View Post
I JUST ADOPTED/CALLING IT REHOMING FEE FOR A 2YEAR OLD PITBULL AND SHE'S A BIG SWEETIE. SAID UP TO DATE ON SHOTS NEXT RABIES DUE NOVEMBER 2017. ASKED AFTER THE FACT ABOUT PARVO HEART GUARD DISTEMPER AND GOT REPLY THEY JUST GET THOSE AS PUPPIES, WHAT!!! NOW I KNOW K-9's OBVIOUSLY THEY DON'T HAVE A CLUE. HOW DO I GO ABOUT IT WITH VET?? HELP ME PLEASE
Why are you yelling?

Ask your vet to do a titer. And then educate yourself on vaccination protocols e.g. Dr. Dodds and Becker
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs