Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 08:51 PM

2,807 posts, read 7,585,225 times

Advertisements

I couldn't help but chuckle at some of these...but that is just SO wrong on so many levels!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2010, 11:40 PM

399 posts, read 2,253,536 times
Geez, lighten up...those dogs were in grooming competitions in the creative division. The dogs that are used are WELL taken care of. They only have a limited time to do these grooms in and they are already pre-washed and combed out and prepped. And the dogs are the most well-behaved dogs --- no yelling needed. So in reality, the time spent in the clipping/scissoring isn't as long as you think and these groomers are INCREDIBLE and much faster than a normal groomer that has to deal with matts and sometimes ill-behaved pets. If I tried these creative grooms it would take me DAYS. I can't remember the time frame they have - maybe 2 hours?? It takes longer than that to groom a labradoodle start to finish. So no biggie for these dogs, most are owned by the groomer anyways and are completely spoiled!

Old 05-14-2010, 04:12 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,029,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
For some reason those made me sad. As if I were looking at abuse......maybe it is the rain.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcrackly View Post
I think some poodle owners have waaaay too much time on their hands.
you both just read my mind.........

Old 05-14-2010, 04:37 AM

106 posts, read 440,336 times
Maybe off topic, but when I glanced at the photos it reminded me of the time that I started to groom Ellie (min schnauzer) and my clipper motor died halfway through. So she was all done on one side, but not the other. It's quite a trip to the store to get another set of clippers and didn't go right away, was going to wait until that Sat to go (couple of days). Needless to say, she in the interim had a slight anal sac infection and my DH had to take her to the vet...half done. They laughed and laughed. But not in front of Ellie, I mean, she is the princess and all.

Old 05-15-2010, 08:21 AM

4,627 posts, read 10,471,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmycat View Post
I couldn't help but chuckle at some of these...but that is just SO wrong on so many levels!
I agree....kind of like you cant stop staring at a train wreck, but this is one where no one gets hurt!

Oy, a dog is a dog is a dog....I can handle jackets, little bows, sunglasses, etc. for fun, but it seems such an undignified thing to do to these elegant animals....

Old 05-15-2010, 10:32 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,942,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcrackly View Post
I think some poodle owners have waaaay too much time on their hands.
And money... those abominations had to have been $$$$$.

Old 05-16-2010, 02:18 PM

399 posts, read 2,253,536 times
They were for a CONTEST.......these dogs don't LIVE like that daily. That groomer is amazing and so is her dog!! Grooming contests are far and few between.

Creative Grooming

Old 05-16-2010, 02:41 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,340,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigafan View Post
They were for a CONTEST.......these dogs don't LIVE like that daily. That groomer is amazing and so is her dog!! Grooming contests are far and few between.

Creative Grooming
Our x-neighbour said the chickens liked to fight.

Old 05-16-2010, 02:43 PM

1,208 posts, read 1,831,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Poor things! Oh the humiliation of it all!

Old 05-16-2010, 02:49 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,340,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigafan View Post

Creative Grooming
How odd. The link says the dog will only look that way a few hours. Yet, there is no pictures of her looking any other way.

There is picture of going to a fair and a grand opening. My guess it took more than a few hours.

Just say'n.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs