Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 09:58 PM

490 posts, read 1,788,462 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffela74 View Post
check out this little fellow....omg....
Adoptable Wirehaired Terrier: Cody: Petfinder

Many of you know, I lost my little Reggie love on Easter weekend. Ive been the major hold out in my family in not feeling like having another dog just yet. But, I browse the petfinder just to see all the sweet faces. Then I saw this little guy (acutally I saw his sister, Fritzie first and she is a little love too!!I felt the first tugs with her....) and then I saw Cody. Oh my. Those ears! That little face! Im in love. If I could, Id be laying claim right this minute w/o a second to lose. But, sadly, he's out of my budget. If I could just rescue him, Id give him a wonderful home full of love, but, I dont have the 300.00 fee to do this. I understand they need the $ to help all the animals out there, the shots, vet visit, fixing em. but man, it makes it just awful when I see one that I want so much, but just cant afford that fee....
anyhow, he was just too cute not to share his picture. Isnt he just an irresistable little fellow?
If you are in love, you should try contacting them and negotiating the fee. Sometimes they do that because it is supposed to be a donation. Don't give up!

PS: Very cute ears...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2010, 11:31 PM

609 posts, read 1,260,212 times
his ears are bigger then he is! lol...toooo cute!

Old 05-17-2010, 11:51 PM

5,715 posts, read 15,045,746 times
That is one CUTE puppy!!!

I think I'm in love, too!

Old 05-18-2010, 06:14 AM

2,091 posts, read 9,048,239 times
"If you are in love, you should try contacting them and negotiating the fee. Sometimes they do that because it is supposed to be a donation. Don't give up!"

I have emailed them 2x. Asked about payment plans, trade off (like vol. work) or any other options. Told them how very much I like him and all out Reggie. About how I understand the need for the $$, but the reasons why its out of the questions right at this moment and that I could send proof of these things, so they didnt think I was just making excuses or that we couldnt afford the vet care in the future. But no responses from them....sigh....
I know, don't his ears just getcha? What a darling!!!

Old 05-18-2010, 07:09 AM

628 posts, read 2,045,076 times
They may just be busy. I must say if I were a rescue and had a $300 adoption fee and someone said they couldn't pay it at once I would be concerned about in the future how they would pay for medical treatment and what not for the dog. I would be worried that they would skip on heartworm pills/flea tick treatment and feed them kibbles and bits if they can't afford $300 (not saying you would do this but this might be their concern)...
Take the money out of savings! And if you don't have savings--wait until you have some before you adopt!

Old 05-18-2010, 10:03 AM

5,715 posts, read 15,045,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffela74 View Post
"If you are in love, you should try contacting them and negotiating the fee. Sometimes they do that because it is supposed to be a donation. Don't give up!"

I have emailed them 2x. Asked about payment plans, trade off (like vol. work) or any other options. Told them how very much I like him and all out Reggie. About how I understand the need for the $$, but the reasons why its out of the questions right at this moment and that I could send proof of these things, so they didnt think I was just making excuses or that we couldnt afford the vet care in the future. But no responses from them....sigh....
I know, don't his ears just getcha? What a darling!!!
I'm not in the market for another dog but I agree with you, he's REALLY adorable!!!!

I'm sure you're right about their concern about your being able to afford Vet Care in the future....

Maybe you'll still hear back from them. If not, maybe you can figure out a way to come up with the adoption fee.

Old 05-18-2010, 12:37 PM

I had thought of that they would be worried about us being able to provide vet care, so I actually wrote them why we are broke right now, but able to provide in the future...our savings got drained for a few major reasons 1) emergency vet visit w/xrays/morphine/and PTS on Easter weekend 2) my car blew up the radiator about 150miles from home and we had to have it towed back, and then the fees to fix it 3) I had a pressure cooker explode on me causing some pretty bad burns so ER, meds, and a few days off of work to heal and that was just the major stuff within the same month. Kinda drained our savings.... Not a typical month for us, and I said I could provide proof of all this, and of course, proof of vet too....so, I dunno....i guess I should just give up on him...hard to do though, he's just so darn darling and the first to really tug at me since losing my Reggie.

Old 05-18-2010, 03:39 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
My family just adopted a beautiful and i mean gorgeous almost a yer old pomerarianian from a beautiful shelter in Calif, one of the nicest shelters and new i have ever been in. Adoption fee was only $100.00 they microchipp the dog, give all shots, bathe him, give a folder on him. food and treats, to me that was a great price for such a handsome dog, he is beautiful. Tan, black, brown, and creme color, such an adorable face, too cute for words. I feel for the price we stole this dog, such a great price, he is all pom. We feel blessed to have saved his life, and he is giving us much joy. I don't think that shelters will alter the price for any adoptee, because these are there prices, no matter what prices they are. You could foster the dog in for a while, until you can save up the money for the dog. I feel blessed that we found this little guy, that we saved a life, and he gives us and our foxy pom, so much joy. No matter what any one's money situation is like, saving a dog's life from death, makes it all worth while.

Old 05-18-2010, 03:59 PM

3,849 posts, read 9,423,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
My family just adopted a beautiful and i mean gorgeous almost a yer old pomerarianian from a beautiful shelter in Calif, one of the nicest shelters and new i have ever been in. Adoption fee was only $100.00 they microchipp the dog, give all shots, bathe him, give a folder on him. food and treats, to me that was a great price for such a handsome dog, he is beautiful. Tan, black, brown, and creme color, such an adorable face, too cute for words. I feel for the price we stole this dog, such a great price, he is all pom. We feel blessed to have saved his life, and he is giving us much joy. I don't think that shelters will alter the price for any adoptee, because these are there prices, no matter what prices they are. You could foster the dog in for a while, until you can save up the money for the dog. I feel blessed that we found this little guy, that we saved a life, and he gives us and our foxy pom, so much joy. No matter what any one's money situation is like, saving a dog's life from death, makes it all worth while.
Pictures...

Old 05-18-2010, 06:28 PM

californiajewel, Im so glad you were able to adopt your little one. I think thats awesome and Im very happy for you all.
I did ask about fostering, I sent a whole list of questions about working around/towards it, but no reply at all. Its not that I dont think he is worth it, far from that, just current situation I was hoping we could go outside the box.
But anyhow, again, im very happy for you and that you were able to rescue your little pom. I hope for many many happy years for you all together.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs