Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 03:41 PM

205 posts, read 726,398 times

Advertisements

Believe me when I tell you I was a mixture of pure hatred and terror when I dragged that 10 year old boy to his doorstep. But the outcome would have been WAY WAY more scary had my husband done it.
And there were several witnesses that were watching and applauding (they saw what he was doing and did not have the sense to do anything) my actions.

I did have a moment of remorse when I saw the boy a few days later - a neighbor boy took his abuse of my boy a little seriously and gave him a black eye. But then I was informed that he had been arrested for Breaking & Entering and subsequently sent to juvenile detention...well Karma took over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2010, 06:32 PM

2,807 posts, read 7,585,764 times
In our nrighborhood, there are alleys that run behind the houses, and kids like to walk through them on their way home from school so they can do things they're not supposed to be doing, (like inhaling aerosol from cans, smoking, breaking peoples' windows, etc.) and it SUCKS because they do terrorize the dogs they see in yards along the way. I caught a few throwing rocks at my BF's dog and ran them outta there like the wicked witch of th west...TOP speed...their bratty little faces were terrified, and I don't feel bad about it ONE bit. Haven't seen those particular kids since then, and now we make sure one of us is out there if the dog is out during that time frame to stare the little rugrats down and let them know we won't be tolerating their antics.

Old 06-03-2010, 05:27 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,086,869 times
my sister used to have this problem too until she called cps on the brats parents who let them run the neighborhood terrorizing everyone and their pets. So finally my sister was at her wits end and then one day she had , had enough when one of the kids practically destroyed her sattelite dish she took him over to the mother and her response was "Oh my kids will be kids " . she was holding a can of beer and my sister saw past her in the house and it was filthy . the kids were a product of their environment . well once cps got involved they moved out leaving the house a filthy mess and the land lord told us they found a dead cat in there .the smell was god awful . No my sister did not feel bad she had , had enough .The shame is that they will probably go to some other neighborhood and start all over .

Last edited by phonelady61; 06-03-2010 at 05:28 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 06-03-2010, 08:07 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
When I live in town I had 3 rotties in a kennel that was very close to the street on one side. A group of neighbor boys would ride bikes by the house then they began daring eachother to go up and beat on the fence with sticks and poles driving the dogs nuts. I noticed my large male barking crazy every time a bike would go by. I found out what was happening from one of my neighbors. I finially caught them red-handed by grabbing one bicycle. I threatened to throw them in the kennel with the dogs and preached the dangers of what they were doing, then I promised I would not only go to their parents, but call the cops if I ever even heard of them attempting that again.

After I got that stopped, my neighbors little dog 3 houses down would escape their yard come to my house run back and forth along the back of my kennel until all my dogs got worked up. Then he would raise his head with pride and strut back home all proud of himself.

Old 06-03-2010, 09:52 AM

438 posts, read 947,054 times
Luckily, the kids in my neighborhood love my dog. They come by asking if he can come out to play with them The kiddos are pretty sweet and all have small dogs, so maybe they've already learned how to handle them. Still, I never leave him unsupervised with them.

Old 06-03-2010, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
my sister used to have this problem too until she called cps on the brats parents who let them run the neighborhood terrorizing everyone and their pets. So finally my sister was at her wits end and then one day she had , had enough when one of the kids practically destroyed her sattelite dish she took him over to the mother and her response was "Oh my kids will be kids " . she was holding a can of beer and my sister saw past her in the house and it was filthy . the kids were a product of their environment . well once cps got involved they moved out leaving the house a filthy mess and the land lord told us they found a dead cat in there .the smell was god awful . No my sister did not feel bad she had , had enough .The shame is that they will probably go to some other neighborhood and start all over .
Bad parenting abounds around here...I know it's not the kids' fault, but if parents aren't going to take control and discipline them someone sure has to. I probably would have destroyed the bike...just last night some kids tried to set a pole that runs electricity to my & my neighbors' homes on fire...luckily, they weren't successful and no one was hurt. They're lucky I didn't catch them in the act, because as far as I'm concerned that's attempted murder, they put all my animals in danger, and anyone who tries to hurt my "children" won't get away with a simple warning or a polite call to the parents. I would never physically harm a child, but I'm not above tying them up and giving them a stern earful until the cops arrive!

Old 06-03-2010, 04:20 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
I am sorry, but respect begins at one's home. When children start and take up any kind of violence with animals, this is not good. And People want to know why some animals are the way they are, Parents need to teach their children the act of RESPECT AND KIDNESS, what has happened to this generation, and today's parents, that cannot find any fault within their children.

Old 06-03-2010, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I am sorry, but respect begins at one's home. When children start and take up any kind of violence with animals, this is not good. And People want to know why some animals are the way they are, Parents need to teach their children the act of RESPECT AND KIDNESS, what has happened to this generation, and today's parents, that cannot find any fault within their children.
Agreed! I would have been spanked and quarantined in my room for a very long time if I acted anything like these kids today when I was a child...no way my parents would have tolerated any kind of violence or destructive behavior.

Old 06-04-2010, 05:57 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,086,869 times
okay to the last two posters it is because you got these schools and cps workers telling our kids that if your parents raise their voice or put their hands on you then you should call cps and report them . That is why our kids are so out of control these days . Man if I had ever even tease an animal my parents would have left my butt cherry red and then some and I would not have seen the light of day for a while too . No respect and no disipline these days .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs