Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2010, 08:49 AM

7,545 posts, read 8,293,647 times

Advertisements

I cannot say enough good things about this organization. They take on the most severe abuse cases to give these poor animals a chance at a new life, but they do this all through the generous donations of good samaritans. Here's just a few of their more recent cases, but they are all very touching. Reading their updates and seeing the photos after surgery is heartwarming.

Warning!! Some very graphic photos. (I won't post the pics here, but they are in the links)

Annabelle - doused with acid

Auggie - used as a bait dog, had multiple lacerations and lips torn off

Hopeful/Hannah - whipped and abused, likely used in dog fights, found with lacerations and puncture wounds and extremely emaciated.

Snoopy - severely neglected, embedded collars, groin scarring that didn't allow his penis to retract, mangled paw (I just donated to his surgical $$)

I know reading some of these stories is very heartbreaking, but these animals are being given a second chance at life because of donations. Many people would love to help out with animal rescue groups but either don't have the time or space to do so. So, I thought that I would let you all know that if you do want to help some animals in DIRE need, this is a very easy way to do so. All donations are tax deductible too.

*Disclaimer* I am not in any way affiliated with Noah's Arc, but became aware of their great mission and even adopted my own dog thanks, in part, to their efforts through the Greenville Noah's Arc sight.

Thanks for reading!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2010, 10:58 AM

5,245 posts, read 16,351,655 times
The good rescues are taking on these things every day. I commend anyone that's out there trying to help those that can't speak for themselves. It's a hard and very emotionally draining - not to mention expensive - job. Groups like them are literally life savers.

Old 05-27-2010, 02:20 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,574,293 times
This is a very reputable organization that I have been helping for years.

This is a link to their main page: http://www.noahs-arks.net/RESCUE/Noahs_Arks_Main_Page.html (broken link)

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 05-27-2010 at 02:22 PM.. Reason: added link

Old 05-27-2010, 02:30 PM

5,142 posts, read 13,061,561 times
I saw some of the pics and the organization does such an awesome job! The transformation these pups undergo after being in Noah's Arc care is amazing! Kudos to Noah's Arc!

Old 05-27-2010, 03:03 PM

4,604 posts, read 5,751,006 times
I have just spent the last 2 hours looking all thru their site. OMG I can believe what people will do to these animals. It is beyond heart breaking. I can't wait to get home and hug my Bella.

Old 05-27-2010, 04:08 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,293,647 times
I copied this excerpt from Annabelle's page because I used to wonder the same thing they address below...

Quote:
For all of you that are thinking, why don’t we just euthanize this sweet dog and move on to the next abuse case. After consulting with the surgeons and doctors, Anabelle is fighting and we need to fight for her. She has been sweet and loving through all of this. She is a fighter and we do not give up on animals that have been tortured if we think they will have a wonderful quality of life when we are done. This is what we do. We take those that people give up on and we do our best to know when it is time to let an animal go. When that time comes, those sweet animals pass on in loving harms.

Old 05-27-2010, 04:37 PM

5,245 posts, read 16,351,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
I copied this excerpt from Annabelle's page because I used to wonder the same thing they address below...
I understand their philosophy and think it's great. But I personally can't spend that much time and money and training on one dog, knowing that the same amount put into it could save 5 of 6 others. It would be one thing if we weren't killing millions every year. But is it fair to allow a pet that was someone's beloved, loyal companion for 5 years that, through no fault of their own, was dumped in a kill shelter and now will die for whatever reason? Even though it's highly adoptable.

My heart breaks for the ones that are abused so terribly. And I"m so glad there are rescues out there like them, willing to take on those cases. But I just can't justify leaving the others to die just to save one.

Either way, people suck royally.

Old 05-27-2010, 07:35 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,574,293 times
I think there is a place for both types of rescues. I got all my horde from traditional rescues and I support them. But I also support Noah's Ark.

And yes, some people are scum who deserve to have the same thing done to them that they did to these helpless animals.

Old 05-29-2010, 09:25 AM

33,943 posts, read 22,366,883 times
Oh God. Why are some people so sick? I looked at Annabelle's story and am glad she found a happy ending . . or at least so far.

I don't understand how someone could do something like that. I hope they find them.

I find hope that there are people who care enough to try and make things better for these poor animals.

Thanks to all who do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs