Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 10:06 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,021,771 times

Advertisements

there is a dog at the small dog park where i take bailey and dave on occasion that is very dominating towards every other dog in there..... to the point of showing a bit of aggression..... the young man who is his owner SWEARS he is neutered .... done a couple of weeks ago.... but this dog still has his "sack" and it doesn't look like it is empty.....

i know they make those fake testicles for the owners of neutered male dogs... i say for the owners, because i can not imagine a neutered dog cares one way or the other whether or not he looks neutered..... but this dog is just a plain ol' heinz 57 and his owner looks to be maybe 20 or 22 .... not an age where i would think the money for the fake testicles would be easy to come by.......

most of the other dogs in the dog park just tell this fella to buzz off when he annoys them.... but he seems to have laser-focused himself on dave...... i'm sure that he has picked up on dave's lack of self confidence..... we weren't through the gate even 5 seconds last night and this dog was on dave..... we left and came back a little later after a walk and this dog was still in there.... i kept dave away from him, but he STILL noticed dave and took off after him at a dead run ..... dave took off at his own dead run, with a look of terror on his face..... the dog caught up with dave when dave tried to hide in some people and there was an actual short scuffle...... .... we left IMMEDIATELY.....

now dave LOVES to play chase, with himself as the chasee.... but this was definitely NOT a game for him last night.....

i am so annoyed with the whole situation.... i don't get home early enough in the evenings very often to get them back out to the park, but when i do make it home early enough, i like for dave to be able to run and stretch those long legs of his...... he has also come a long way with his self confidence being around other dogs and initiating play with them.....

NOW, if we get to the park and i see this dog's owner, i won't be able to take dave in..... this guy says his dog is neutered and that it is just taking a month or 2 for the hormones to dissipate..... i know that that can indeed be the case.... but i have my doubts that the dog is even neutered.....

have you ever seen a neutered male that looked like he was still fully equipped??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2010, 10:32 AM

8,309 posts, read 38,766,834 times
I've seen neutered males that still had some elbow skin protruding and if the procedure was recent there may be some fluid in the void.

I've also seen neutered males that were plenty willing to push other dogs around.

However, if you see ballz it's hard to reconcile.

Old 06-02-2010, 10:37 AM

dave has the elbow skin of which you speak......

this dog looks like he is still fully equipped.....

i suspect that the kid is SAYING he is neutered because unaltered dogs are technically not allowed in the offleash area.... there are a couple or 3 that do come in, but they don't have the attitude that this one has.....

Old 06-02-2010, 11:59 AM

1,327 posts, read 3,677,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post

have you ever seen a neutered male that looked like he was still fully equipped??

Yes, I have. I don't remember what it is called, but they administer some type of medicatin into the sac and it slowly disentegrates the testes.

Old 06-02-2010, 12:36 PM

5,026 posts, read 15,284,533 times
Ugh, sorry you had to go through that. Yesterday was a nightmare at our dog park. A guy brought his unaltered male Pit Bull, who was the most aggressive dog I have ever seen. It's almost like he's training him for fighting. Somehow, he thought it would be a good idea to take him off-leash! That dog got into a fight with almost every dog there. Finally, we all ganged up on this guy and told him to leave. He refused, and instead put his dog on a leash and walked him around the dog park!

Any time another dog would go up to sniff him, he would try to attack but couldn't do much, being leashed. People lack common sense! If I see him again, I'm calling the cops. What happened yesterday was beyond acceptable for the dog park. Luckily, they take these types of things seriously here, especially since the sign at the entrance states that dogs must be fixed (among other things).

Old 06-11-2010, 08:37 AM

2,404 posts, read 6,267,326 times
Most of our males the vet "done good" as you say.

One male that we have now has the extra "elbow" skin. LOL...Love that term...Elbow skin...LOL...
Seems like it took several months for his "elbow skin" to vanish.

Old 06-11-2010, 12:03 PM

we went back in wednesday evening for a few minutes..... the obnoxious dog was leaving as we were coming in ..... did a TOTAL stare-down to dave..... .... poor dave wouldn't play or associate with any of the other dogs after that.... just stayed right by me and drooled.... so we left after about 5-10 minutes.....

back to square 1 with him it looks like.....

we go in for a few minutes after our morning walk when there are no other dogs..... i will start walking him by there in the evenings when i get home early enough.....

Old 06-11-2010, 08:19 PM

4,585 posts, read 12,361,755 times
My adult rescue JRT was in tack when I got him and of course the nah-nah's were removed before I brought him home, he had ummm...extra "elbow skin" for about 8 months and then it slowly started shrinking up and after about a year and 1/2 ...allllll gone. I think it depends on what age they get neutered, my JRT was around 2ish so he was fully loaded.

Old 06-13-2010, 07:00 AM

836 posts, read 3,381,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
there is a dog at the small dog park where i take bailey and dave on occasion that is very dominating towards every other dog in there..... to the point of showing a bit of aggression..... the young man who is his owner SWEARS he is neutered .... done a couple of weeks ago.... but this dog still has his "sack" and it doesn't look like it is empty.....

i know they make those fake testicles for the owners of neutered male dogs... i say for the owners, because i can not imagine a neutered dog cares one way or the other whether or not he looks neutered..... but this dog is just a plain ol' heinz 57 and his owner looks to be maybe 20 or 22 .... not an age where i would think the money for the fake testicles would be easy to come by.......

most of the other dogs in the dog park just tell this fella to buzz off when he annoys them.... but he seems to have laser-focused himself on dave...... i'm sure that he has picked up on dave's lack of self confidence..... we weren't through the gate even 5 seconds last night and this dog was on dave..... we left and came back a little later after a walk and this dog was still in there.... i kept dave away from him, but he STILL noticed dave and took off after him at a dead run ..... dave took off at his own dead run, with a look of terror on his face..... the dog caught up with dave when dave tried to hide in some people and there was an actual short scuffle...... .... we left IMMEDIATELY.....

now dave LOVES to play chase, with himself as the chasee.... but this was definitely NOT a game for him last night.....

i am so annoyed with the whole situation.... i don't get home early enough in the evenings very often to get them back out to the park, but when i do make it home early enough, i like for dave to be able to run and stretch those long legs of his...... he has also come a long way with his self confidence being around other dogs and initiating play with them.....

NOW, if we get to the park and i see this dog's owner, i won't be able to take dave in..... this guy says his dog is neutered and that it is just taking a month or 2 for the hormones to dissipate..... i know that that can indeed be the case.... but i have my doubts that the dog is even neutered.....

I am only responding to the part in bold..
You said small dog park so I am assuming this is a small dog your talking about.. Some dogs don't lose their "sack" right away..Most doctors today just cut and restitch and they don't remove anything from the sack it just goes away slowly. Now if its a bigger dog then it will be a few weeks before the sack is gone. I know we have 4 Great Danes and the two males had very LARGE sacks and it took them weeks before their sacks disappeared.
So if she just had this done two weeks ago then give it a few more weeks and see.. also if the dog is aggressive towards other dogs it also takes a while for the aggressiveness to go away..trust me I have had lots of experience with this..Once all the testosterone is gone the dog should start calming down..but it may take a few weeks depending on the dog. They don't just get neutered then everything is ok within a two week period..in some dogs you have to give it a lil more time than others.. they are just like ppl some ppl heal faster than others..

Old 06-13-2010, 11:55 AM

5,094 posts, read 12,583,607 times
Hey is Dave a big girlie boy like Dazzle? Dazzle seems to be the target of any of the dog park bullies that like to pick on other dogs. He will not fight or even growl at other dogs so he either runs to his momma or the nearest person or sometimes his little min-pin buddy chases the bad guys away for him then comes back and licks at Dazzles muzzle like " you OK big Guy?"

We are lucky as there are only a couple dog park bullies one being the beagle that delights in terrifying Dazzle and they are either neutered males or females! I don't think any of them are out to harm him but they know he is afraid and frightening him is fun to them

We have several intact males that do come and for some reason they like Dazzle. Maybe his is their B---h?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs