Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Duluth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 03:28 AM

Location: Moved to Gladstone, MO in June 2022 and back to Minnesota in September 2022
2,072 posts, read 5,060,613 times

Advertisements

I was looking on Wikipedia and they have a section about the Graffiti Graveyard in Duluth, Exactly what is it and does anyone know the exact location of it besides being under HWY 35? I searched on this forum for it and found nothing so I guess no one has talked about it here before.

The Wikipedia article says There also exists under a section of I-35 a stretch of graffiti known as the Graffiti Graveyard. It is known throughout Duluth and many residents remember visiting the Graffiti Graveyard during their teenage years.
I don't understand what they mean? So many of the adults used to go there when they were teenagers.

Does anyone here know anything about it or how long its been there? Does anyone know anything about it or has anyone on City Data ever been to it?

I found this website about it that hasn't been updated since 2004
Beneath the Surface

Theres also this picture of it on Wikipedia
File:Graffiti Graveyard - Duluth, Minnesota.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Its quite interesting and kind of creepy. It's actually incredibly creepy and really scary. That site has like pictures of dead animals and other dead things, creepy... http://www.d.umn.edu/~schi0456/5230/...pics/hobo.html
http://www.d.umn.edu/~schi0456/5230/...pics/deer.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2010, 08:19 AM

3,869 posts, read 15,166,492 times
It has been here as long as I35 has been going through town. You can get a gimps of some "art" as you take the Massaba Ave exit off of I35, look under the hy-way. You use to get a glimps of bugs-bunny.

Go snoop around you'll find it.

Hint, Take the pedestrian bridge from by the M&H gas station, then double back across the RXR tracks, you'll see the entrance. Or park by Super Wood on railroad street.

Old 07-27-2010, 09:37 AM

1,178 posts, read 2,705,497 times
I always wondered about this too. Duluth has many hidden gems, most of which are explained horribly by the local media and even residents. I have asked probably 10 people where the 'Deeps' are, and nobody can give me an area. It's quite weird. Don't you people know where anything is in this town, lol?

So do any of you know where the deeps are?

Old 07-27-2010, 10:51 AM

781 posts, read 2,627,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Cann View Post
The Deeps on are Seven Bridges Road (or East Skyline Parkway), about 1/2 mile up from Superior St on the right. It's the swimming hole directly below the pedestrian bridge.

I marked it on a birds-eye map for you: Bing Maps

Old 07-27-2010, 12:52 PM

2,105 posts, read 4,597,839 times
Quote:
I always wondered about this too. Duluth has many hidden gems, most of which are explained horribly by the local media and even residents. I have asked probably 10 people where the 'Deeps' are, and nobody can give me an area. It's quite weird. Don't you people know where anything is in this town, lol?

First, for someone who claims to live or have lived in Duluth for how many years? You need to get out more LOL

Also you never asked me anything even though on this forum its common knowldge that I live here my entire life in NMinnesota, but also in many of my posts show obvious mentions to what exploring getting out, Photos of Duluth, many mentions of what Geocaching and GPS is all about.

In fact not too many pages over Yourself and RC and a few others were putting down gps devices. If you really wanted to know things and where things are hidden than you would want to get a hand held gps.

By the way there is a Geocache at Grafitti Graveyard AND also there is a Geocache at The Deeps.

There are about a hundred videos on youtube

And no one is a geek for being into geocaching

Last edited by demtion35; 07-27-2010 at 02:19 PM..

Old 07-27-2010, 03:12 PM

Location: Moved to Gladstone, MO in June 2022 and back to Minnesota in September 2022
2,072 posts, read 5,060,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by demtion35 View Post

In fact not too many pages over Yourself and RC and a few others were putting down gps devices. If you really wanted to know things and where things are hidden than you would want to get a hand held gps.
Umm ya we don't need to waste money on a GPS because free roadmaps and mapquest directions work fine. Also a GPS is expensive, not everyone has 100 bucks to waste on one, even if we did, theres other things I'd rather waste 100 dollars on. I just found out about the Graffiti Graveyard by looking at Duluth's Wikipedia page and im not exactly just automatically going to waste gas on drive to Duluth from St. Cloud just to find it, I don't exactly have that kind of free time
A GPS isn't stupid or anything, its just expensive and have lived my whole life without ever using one, ever pay attention in History class at all? Nobody ever had a GPS.

Also how does not having a GPS have to do with never getting out? Where and when did we say we never get out? Since we don't post pictures and don't talk about GPS's that means we don't get out?

Old 07-27-2010, 03:48 PM

781 posts, read 2,627,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical_Car View Post
...ever pay attention in History class at all? Nobody ever had a GPS...
Not to bring the GPS discussion in this thread, but I've always hated this argument, for any technology. As society evolves, technology evolves and every generation builds upon and assumes the functionality of the previous generation's technology. My baseline for technology is not same as that of my father's or grandfather's and their parents could have said the same thing about new technology of the time.

People that were around when the telegraph, automobile, telephone, refrigerator, microwave or any number of other pivotal and society changing inventions probably had parents who said the same thing. "Why would you want an automobile when you could have a perfectly good horse? They'll never break down on ya' and they run on hay!"

According to history class, people also didn't have electric lights or properly insulated homes and probably thought they were doing just fine. Technology that we consider the baseline now will also look basic and archaic in 100 years.

Old 07-27-2010, 04:21 PM

Quote:

It was in response to his ^lol so I added one of my own lol meant nothing by it, never said you Radical Car need to get out more, no big deal ok?
Sorry

Old 07-27-2010, 04:51 PM

1,178 posts, read 2,705,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by demtion35 View Post
First, for someone who claims to live or have lived in Duluth for how many years? You need to get out more LOL

Also you never asked me anything even though on this forum its common knowldge that I live here my entire life in NMinnesota, but also in many of my posts show obvious mentions to what exploring getting out, Photos of Duluth, many mentions of what Geocaching and GPS is all about.

By the way there is a Geocache at Grafitti Graveyard AND also there is a Geocache at The Deeps.

There are about a hundred videos on youtube

And no one is a geek for being into geocaching
Demtion, I never intended for my post to sound harsh or to attack you or anyone in particular. I was just stating that I've had trouble finding places around town, and when I ask locals many seem to not be able to give me an answer.

ex include) 'The Deeps'. Just found out about them with their recent press releases in the news. Asked about 4 co-workers and others and all I got was 'It's out east' and it's in 'Lester Park'.

-- Stoney Point. I asked people where this is and everyone just says 'I dont know, somewhere up the shore'

--Graffitti Graveyard. "Out by Mesaba"

Just a rant, my bad.

Old 07-27-2010, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Demtion, I never intended for my post to sound harsh or to attack you or anyone in particular. I was just stating that I've had trouble finding places around town, and when I ask locals many seem to not be able to give me an answer.

ex include) 'The Deeps'. Just found out about them with their recent press releases in the news. Asked about 4 co-workers and others and all I got was 'It's out east' and it's in 'Lester Park'.

-- Stoney Point. I asked people where this is and everyone just says 'I dont know, somewhere up the shore'

--Graffitti Graveyard. "Out by Mesaba"

Just a rant, my bad.
No No dont worry about it I did not read your post as a put down to anyone or an attack or harsh.

In fact I read it as just the opposite. I knew right away you were saying joking or something funny, hence the lol.

It was just a play on words, wasnt bad it was good. Just sort of like someone saying something like" I cant ever get anything done around here!"
Buty yeah the Deeps has been in the news lately several times. Wonder what the grand plan will be to help prevent something from happening again. Nothing Im guessing as someone said put up a fence and they will go around it.

I know you like taking pictures Kid Cann and Stoney Point is a great place to get them especially when the waves are really high.
Its located basically actoss from the Logging tourist stop place, the one where the team of white horses are always out and working, Toms Logging Camp.

So I knew your post was meant as not bad, saw it right away
And what I said was meant in the same way not as a put down toward you. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Duluth