Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Duluth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2006, 01:43 PM

1 posts, read 3,857 times

Advertisements

I cant wait to move back to Duluth. Anyone know the names of the 2 new Irish Pubs downtown? Are the Black Labels still playing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2006, 04:18 PM

571 posts, read 2,529,868 times
Hi,

Where do you live now? I grew up in Duluth, moved out of state and moved back to the area a couple years ago. I live in Grand Rapids now but get down to Duluth pretty frequently to visit family.

I don't know the answers to your questions (cool about the new Irish pubs downtown though, didn't know that!) but just thought I'd say hi

Old 02-10-2008, 04:41 PM

432 posts, read 1,120,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by connorquinn View Post
I cant wait to move back to Duluth. Anyone know the names of the 2 new Irish Pubs downtown? Are the Black Labels still playing?
The new Irish pubs are called The Carmody and The Dubh-Lin. The Dubh-
Linn has a sports bar feel but The Carmody is way more authentic with
dark wood and Celtic symbols in concrete and lots of Irish decorations
and literature lining the walls and shelves. The owner/bartender is usually
behind the bar dressed in Irish garb! I definately recommend The Car-
mody, it is on Superior Street and 3rd Avenue East across from the new
Sheraton Hotel(another place I recommend for visitors).There is also a
new bar on First Street called Aces in the former Norman's, and it is
really classy.

Old 02-18-2008, 07:33 PM

721 posts, read 2,610,320 times
I was just at the Carmody the other day and had a great pint of Guinness and Boddingtons. There is a cool little fireplace in the corner and a view of the lake. It was quiet, you could talk to people without shouting and going deaf, and enjoy the company of the people around you.

I don't know about the Black Labels, but the Thirsty Pagan Brewery in Superior has a celtic group that sings about once a month called Sasanach (Scots for "English") They were pretty good.

Old 02-23-2008, 07:49 AM

214 posts, read 691,749 times
I love Duluth, but I don't know nuffin about no Black Labels. All I know is the Dew Drop Inn is still settin' 'um up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Duluth