Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Duluth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2016, 10:51 AM

3 posts, read 3,407 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by krug View Post
I'm always surprised at all these people apologizing for human nature. We, as humans, gravitate toward our own, proven in research many times, thus we will also point out differences in our "groups". But in our current "Bathhousebarry" culture, it is only the whites who are branded as racist. In my experience, most of the hardened racism stems from the "other" groups, who get by with it because of historical injustices that happened over 150 years ago. Just how long does it take some groups to move on.
Yes we gravitate towards our own because that's natural. That's kinda common sense without research.
But we as black people are the one race that is forgiving more than any race. That are more embracing than any one. But since the "historical injustices" are actually still going on. And don't pretend like t.v doesn't show you that. We have left a stain on each other because of our past. Because of segregation, we didn't get the chance to understand each other more. We don't really get each other and it's hard to vibe with each other. So most of us just can't move on. Everyone has prejudice!!
But it's the best of us that learn how to vibe and communicate on many spectrums other than just learning from our people. The people that don't give a **** about race and culture or what you look like and sees themself with anyone. Meaning we all have differences and similarities. This is ****in common sense!
The problem is,
We still live in Medieval times when it comes to racism and prejudice. Nothing has changed far as I can see. And you're talking to someone who is black and white. I get it from both of you. But I get the most subtly from white.
And it's going on my whole life. So trust me when I say I know what I'm talking about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2016, 08:22 AM

455 posts, read 283,291 times
google the duluth lynchings in the 1920's.

duluth was built on racism, and wouldnt shock me if its still racist.

Old 07-02-2016, 08:21 AM

285 posts, read 262,250 times
I can't judge Duluth well but I can safely say MN is a bit racist in some areas. Especially the smaller cities where I'm the first "okay/not ghetto"black person a child had met. It's sad really. Got called the famous n word so often I began to not hear it. It got too common. And the sad part is that my friend and I would come up to each other and say "hey just *****" and WE got in more trouble for calling each other that then the racist kids doing it daily to insult us!

MN is okay on some areas but other areas it's simply racist. That's it. I've noticed the more racist areas are also more homophobic and those areas are very transphobic. Sad really
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Duluth