Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Duluth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2008, 06:26 PM

1,202 posts, read 3,432,830 times

Advertisements

I think Duluth could Support a REI.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2008, 04:23 PM

Is it just more or does it seem that the space that is left over from Cash Wise Liquors expansion could support a Noodles and Company? The space seems perfect for Noodles and there seems like there is a good amount left also. I just was wondering. Does anyone think this also or think this space is suitable for some other store?

Old 04-10-2008, 02:33 AM

7,646 posts, read 18,043,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuan View Post
Midnight Sun was kinda REI light. Too many old school types up there for an REI to stay open. They'll be walking in asking for Duluth packs and the REI folks will be scratching their heads.
I'm pretty impressed with our local outdoors businesses myself. I wouldn't want to shop at a chain.

Plus, aren't REI outlets usually huge?

Old 04-10-2008, 09:15 AM

781 posts, read 2,616,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvdxer View Post
I'm pretty impressed with our local outdoors businesses myself. I wouldn't want to shop at a chain.

Plus, aren't REI outlets usually huge?
I was talking to a friend of mine who works at Trailfitters, and the general attitude is that REI is "big, evil and corporate". I too really like our local shops, although it seems Duluth Pack is becoming less and less specialized.

Old 04-10-2008, 09:51 AM

Is it just more or does it seem that the space that is left over from Cash Wise Liquors expansion could support a Noodles and Company? The space seems perfect for Noodles and there seems like there is a good amount left also. I just was wondering. Does anyone think this also or think this space is suitable for some other store?

Old 04-10-2008, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duluthian2008 View Post
I'm sure someone will grab the space up, although to be so specific as Noodles in Company, I wouldn't know. I think the space would work for any number of tenants, whether it be a coffee shop or a burrito joint.

Oh, it turns out the DQ in the mall won't be changing to a Grill and Chill. Turns out DQ Corporate turned their request down, saying that looking at stats on the cafeteria didn't look kindly on burger sales. People suspect something else going on, perhaps with the other DQ owner (guy that owns the new one by Krenzen).

Whooo knooowss...

Old 04-10-2008, 07:35 PM

When you say the other DQ owner, do you mean the Rick and Patty who own the Grill and Chill on Mall drive? I didnt think it would become a Grill and Chill in the mall because Grill and Chill doesnt do little some food court stands like our DQ is. Did you find out what the place will be thats replacing Burger King?

Old 04-10-2008, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duluthian2008 View Post
Did you find out what the place will be thats replacing Burger King?
Latest word is still a "chicken" place.

Old 04-10-2008, 11:42 PM

865 posts, read 2,491,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuan View Post
Midnight Sun was kinda REI light. Too many old school types up there for an REI to stay open. They'll be walking in asking for Duluth packs and the REI folks will be scratching their heads.
LOL! Spoken like a true outdoorsman kuan! As a former REI employee in my youth, I can honestly say your words are quite accurate. Around twenty years ago REI became horribly growth oriented, opening at least a couple of stores a year, became too big to stock products by true cutting edge outdoor gear manufacturers (too small to meet REI's volume demands), and hired Nordstrom buyers and execs who didn't know squat about the outdoor goods they were buying for the stores. For a while you could always find a ready supply of size 12 climbing shoes in stock. To REI's credit, they've made some great strides in the last couple of years in an attempt to return to their roots, so to speak; but they still would not be where I would go for knowledgable help. If you want an REI as it used to (should) be, check out MEC (Mountain Equipment Coop) in Canada. Damn shame the exchange rate doesn't work in our favor anymore!

Old 04-11-2008, 05:17 AM

20,793 posts, read 61,069,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aluminumpork View Post
Latest word is still a "chicken" place.

I wonder if it is Cane's? They only sell chicken strips. They went into the old Burger King in Apple Valley last year. It seems to be doing well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Duluth